Wet sand advice

Thanks, that's what I was doing. Both disc and notch all the way down, threshold barely audible, volume up high. Also used the headphones for the first time, something I never did with the F2. Tried both All metal and Disc. I am guessing it was technique.

Thanks to the others. Kapidr, I will try that pattern tomorrow. I actually have a line on a lady's lost platinum/diamond ring that I will put a little effort into finding for her tomorrow, so at least I have a starting place. Hopefully I will come across a target or 2...... ;)

Let me know if you find it :)

Let me know if you find it :)

Will do. Not hopeful though, as my only time to hunt is mid tide, and she lost it when she got knocked down by a wave. So I am guessing it'll be further in the water, and I won't be able to get to it. Still will get a couple of hours of searching though, so anything can happen.......

When I first started wet sand hunting I would notice this guy who would just be going along in a straight line and a pretty good pace and then he would all of a sudden stop and start working the area real slowly and throughly. Asked him about it and he said when he got a hit of any kind (a whisper), he slows way down and works that area until he hears nothing else. I would always just grid an area as I went. He covered allot more beach using his method.

It all depends on the beach and the conditions at the time on that beach! :cool:

I think I need to just slow down a little, or maybe keep the swing more level. At times I will get a chirp at the end of my swing, when I reverse direction. I go back to it, nothing there, false alarm.

I think I need to just slow down a little, or maybe keep the swing more level. At times I will get a chirp at the end of my swing, when I reverse direction. I go back to it, nothing there, false alarm.

If the Sov you are using is any thing like the SovGT, SLOW is the way to go! Also when you get that little chirp, go back in multi directions and try to get it to zero in on the target.

Back
Top Bottom