Infinium LS works GREAT!

black davy

I can't tell you how much I love this power full PI that does everything it's advertised too.

I hit a local river today where there is a covered bridge that has been burnt down in the early 70's it has been rebuilt but there is plenty of bolts and nails. This spot use to be a swimming hole but the bridge is closed and the road blocked. The river is really rocky and I mean I am moving 1' dia. rocks weighing 10 plus pounds and using a 12" screwdriver to pry rocks to dig here.

I only had hip waders on (with steel shanks, not good for the power of this unit as you do pick up your boots so I have to watch my swing to step sequence) so I could only work the first five to eight feet of shore. I had worked this area once before with my Detector Pro HH Diver but this place is also full of hot rocks and I chased way to many rocks and left disappointed. The Infinium takes care of that problem with ease.

I worked only the Lo-Hi tones looking for clad and silver as this is my third time out and I am still getting use to the machine. My ratio of trash to finds was 50/50. I hit for (4) pennies and one dime in two hours, most of my time was spent moving rocks. My trash was a thin piece of wire a old rusty nail and three large 3/8" dia bolts or nails that probably were from the last bridge. Using the tone system defiantly saves you time in trashy areas. The pinpointing has been easy to figure out. I use the toe of the coil and run it at a 45 deg angle to the surface. This helps reduce the Lo-Hi reading and gives you a idea of the depth. One of the pennies took me about 20 min. to get as it was 1964 10" deep in this rocky river bed. I did not bother using the Iron check on any of my three outings yet.

This unit has received way to much bad press in the past as noisy hard to use, balance etc. This is all a bunch of crap, I have found it very simple to use and extremely quiet. This is a balls to wall unit that I cant wait to use for other water and land outings. If you were ever thinking of this unit as a purchase do it and don't look back.

Good to hear Davy you have a great time... :) All PI's get bad press but that is ok.... I looked into your PI but it was a bit much for my pocket... but your right on about tone and I can tell from my PI through tone how deep an item is and I have very idea if its iron or not....

Fortunatly I purchased a factory floor model with all the goodies and the full warrenty for $850.00. It came with the the land and water headphones alkaline and nicad batteries, chargers and all the waist straps for the remote mounting. If I didnt get such a good deal I would have had to wait a little longer. I like it so much I just purchased two more coils for it the 8" mono and the 5"x10" DD. Now I just need a weekend free to head to the Mass or Conn beaches.

Hows that river water out west davey??

You gonna try Salisbury or Hampton again soon?? hopefully we get a killer N.Easter this spring again!! your out in the Berkshires right? I plan on hunting out that way this summer. when waters a little warmer!! your getting a real work out with all that rock moveing!! HH

BH,

I was hoping to have hit Salisbury or Hampton last Friday, but the wife asked me to stay local so I did. I can't complain about the water temps to much I have been in them even in December when it was about 10 deg out. I jsut tossed in a hand warmer under the sole of my foot. Now that I have two water units I hope to really get working some of these fresh water swimming holes. The one problem is I really need a Hooka system at some of the locations out here. 10' deep holes will be a little tough to work with justa snorkle. I live at the edge of the Berkshiers, Greenfiels is loctated at the intersection of Rt 2 and Rt 91. Itakes me about 2 hours to bet to Hampton. Its tough for me to capitolize on those good storms that move sand, you know how it is cleared out one moment sanded back in the next. Working some of these area's in the rivers is almost a two man job, one guy working a pry bar and shovel and the other one checking the hole. Maybe we will get a chance to detect this summer here or there.

HH.

Back
Top Bottom