Etrac beach settings, advice please?

IllinoisDigger

Hi, I'm new to beach detecting. I was really looking to hunt at the Chicago beaches. Can somebody give me some advice on the settings. I'm really looking to find that gold ring. Anyways, would goes4ever's settings be suitable for the beach? What about hunting in TTF? Thanks!

Hi, I'm new to beach detecting. I was really looking to hunt at the Chicago beaches. Can somebody give me some advice on the settings. I'm really looking to find that gold ring. Anyways, would goes4ever's settings be suitable for the beach? What about hunting in TTF? Thanks!

I use my E-trac to hunt beaches but I'm on the salt water so not sure if settings will be the same. I don't change a whole lot of my setting from any other dirt hunts. The only real difference is I use a wide open screen except for the bottom blacked out, basically from 25 down to discriminate the iron. If you wanted to you could put a line across the top, from 01-01 to 01-30 or so to take care of some of the iron wrap around. Here on the salt water wet sand beaches the numbers can have a wide range, sometimes dimes going from 02-45 down to 20-45. If it sounds good and doesn't give a null you gotta dig it. As far as gold goes, it seems to appear all over the screen. Anywhere from 12-03 area up to the 12-37 area. If I remember correctly the 10k class ring I found last year was high 12-30's. I think I've even heard of the higher karats coming in the 12-40's. My other setting I run like normal, multi-tone conductive, fast on, deep off. Good luck, it's a great machine in most situations that I've come across so far.

I use my E-trac to hunt beaches but I'm on the salt water so not sure if settings will be the same. I don't change a whole lot of my setting from any other dirt hunts. The only real difference is I use a wide open screen except for the bottom blacked out, basically from 25 down to discriminate the iron. If you wanted to you could put a line across the top, from 01-01 to 01-30 or so to take care of some of the iron wrap around. Here on the salt water wet sand beaches the numbers can have a wide range, sometimes dimes going from 02-45 down to 20-45. If it sounds good and doesn't give a null you gotta dig it. As far as gold goes, it seems to appear all over the screen. Anywhere from 12-03 area up to the 12-37 area. If I remember correctly the 10k class ring I found last year was high 12-30's. I think I've even heard of the higher karats coming in the 12-40's. My other setting I run like normal, multi-tone conductive, fast on, deep off. Good luck, it's a great machine in most situations that I've come across so far.

Okay Thank You. I really hope I find a nice gold ring.

Back
Top Bottom