Door knocking

aviationgale

Elite Member
Just a quick note on the subject. Although I have not done a lot of it, it does pay off, at least we hope it pays off. My friend and I went last Friday and got a solid 2 that said yes, out of 10. We just picked a street where we knew the train depot had been and started knocking. The rest we left flyers with our numbers of contact. So hopefully we can get out this week and find some cool stuff. So my advise just start knocking if they say no just tell them have a great day and move on. Someone eventually will say yes!! Happy hunting everyone and wish me luck!!

Being polite and diplomatic will "open doors". My long passed on grandfather told me when I was a young boy that "if you don't ask you won't get!" These words of wisdom have held me in good stead for many years. Any approach should have a historic knowledge of the area and an expression of the benefits. I never go out without a few calling cards with my details and a card offering a "free service" in connection with lost items. Of course not everyone will grant permission, but whatever the outcome always be courteous! Once you have got one permission it becomes easier to gain others, especially with the power of the "word of mouth!" Good luck and good hunting!:waytogo:

Back
Top Bottom