Today's finds. Again Not What You Expect

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
I have been diving every day. Today met a man at a boat launch to find part of his boat he lost a couple of months ago. It wasn't where it went in but I found it. Boats power loading pushed it in deeper water probably.

I did find a propeller some glasses and a bunch of other odds and ends out there though. Came home and relaxed a bit. Got another call of a boat in the river here with its anchor fouled on the bottom. They give me an address where I can meet them at a dock. Boat is near the dock , I jump in and follow the anchor rope to a huge piece of very old seawall on the bottom. I should have taken my camera, some of you would have enjoyed it. Got his anchor free and played for about half an hour. Nothing great. The 4' wood level was interesting. A few bottles I thought were old but not very, a few sinkers and lures. I need to go back one day.

Not detecting much lately. I am reevaluating my life and thinking a lot. Diving for folks is a lot of fun, enjoyable and profitable. I like to be available when called. There is more treasure than just gold out there.

Good post as usual. And you're right, re.: md'ing , scuba, TH'ing, etc...: You "can't take it with you" !

No and helping others is much more enjoyable than finding a piece of silver or gold.

People like to tease me also. When you get a call and the caller says I will give you 50.00 to come to my marina and 50.00 to find a grill part right behind his boat, HOW can you refuse? It will be a two minute job. But I am making them happy.

As always, good finds and nice work! I can understand your dilemma, sounds like the bureaucracy is getting to be a bit much in some spots for you...

I love your ability to do what you do. It's fun, profitable and rewarding - that's an awesome trifecta!

Did you watch Eat Pray Love starring Julia Roberts on Netflix recently? Under the Tuscan Sun starring the fabulous Diane Lane? or the Notebook? Or An Affair to Remember? Or Sleepless in Seattle?

Critical Introspection is not healthy for a Man! A guy generally dont like what he finds! Why go looking for trouble? Get a grip on yourself Dee!

Be careful about thinking too much or re-evaluating your Life...This makes a Man weak and vulnerable. For you, a man of your age, I would suggest watching Father Goose for your guidance, starring Cary Grant and Leslie Caron....He sets a pattern for how old adventurous guys are to behave...You dont have to drink like he did, hiding whiskey bottles all over the damn place, but you get what I'm saying..you dont give one diddly damn and do what ever you want! ..

You've done OK compared to most Dee, you gotta recognize that...You are still on your feet when guys half your age are not...you got a boat and a nice truck, and folks give you money for doing what you love...thats what you tell yourself when you get up every morning, look in the mirror and say: "I'm doing pretty freaking OK compared to most!"......theres your re-evaluation...!

Go find some gold and do what you love to do and are good at! ...Other things will show up if you are out in the World simply on your feet and participating...like Julia Roberts did to Hugh Grant in Notting Hill...

Is that an old level, or a newer one just in rough shape? Love the older ones.... Cool finds.

Is that an old level, or a newer one just in rough shape? Love the older ones.... Cool finds.

New one in rough shape. Windows are plastic. It looked cool that is why I dragged it to shore.

Mud, I will keep diving and helping others. Gold just took the back burner. Going out on my boat for a couple of days. Enjoy the weekend all.

As always, good finds and nice work! I can understand your dilemma, sounds like the bureaucracy is getting to be a bit much in some spots for you...

The stupid bureaucracy does take some of the steam out of my endeavors but I know I will prevail in the end. As everyone knows, I caused this. but if I don't stand up for my rights who will? Other things have happened in my life that have nothing to do with the situation. I just have kept most to myself. No need for criticism or praise.

I can imagine diving would be like being in another world. A strange and wonderful place; not only distinctly different than the day to day world everyone lives in, but isolated/insulated from it.

For me, this place is a forest. Sometimes I'm there hunting for nature's treasures(like mushrooms, berries, etc). Sometimes I go just to be there. That reminds me: chanterelles should be starting to pop now. Gotta go.

great post. I think the diving hobby (especially with the stuff you come up with) seems well worth it and truly a lot of fun. I would love to give it a try one day, but I just can't find the time to really give it a go.

Scuba I am curious...in the typical dive you make to find items for folks what is your visibility like?

I am a fan of flexibility. Let the day drive the agenda and don't prematurely limit your options. There is a phrase, "paralysis of analysis" that keeps many from doing much of anything, but clearly that is not your problem. And speaking of clarity I love Mud's musings- he should write a book, "Thinking Clear as Mud". I've been an admirer of you both for some time. Please keep posting!

Did you watch Eat Pray Love starring Julia Roberts on Netflix recently? Under the Tuscan Sun starring the fabulous Diane Lane? or the Notebook? Or An Affair to Remember? Or Sleepless in Seattle?

Critical Introspection is not healthy for a Man! A guy generally dont like what he finds! Why go looking for trouble? Get a grip on yourself Dee!

Be careful about thinking too much or re-evaluating your Life...This makes a Man weak and vulnerable. For you, a man of your age, I would suggest watching Father Goose for your guidance, starring Cary Grant and Leslie Caron....He sets a pattern for how old adventurous guys are to behave...You dont have to drink like he did, hiding whiskey bottles all over the damn place, but you get what I'm saying..you dont give one diddly damn and do what ever you want! ..

You've done OK compared to most Dee, you gotta recognize that...You are still on your feet when guys half your age are not...you got a boat and a nice truck, and folks give you money for doing what you love...thats what you tell yourself when you get up every morning, look in the mirror and say: "I'm doing pretty freaking OK compared to most!"......theres your re-evaluation...!

Go find some gold and do what you love to do and are good at! ...Other things will show up if you are out in the World simply on your feet and participating...like Julia Roberts did to Hugh Grant in Notting Hill...
I would not think you much like me are very much into movies John. I have enjoyed ever one you listed. Got a couple more to add to the list that may aid Bob with his dilemma. "Dear John", The Lucky One and Charlie St Cloud may touch the same bases as what you prescibed.
What or how you decide your life should be Bob know we here have and do appreciate you in our forum family.
It's raining nicely here so now I will sit down with the wife and watch the movie The Judge". Trapper

great post. I think the diving hobby (especially with the stuff you come up with) seems well worth it and truly a lot of fun. I would love to give it a try one day, but I just can't find the time to really give it a go.

Scuba I am curious...in the typical dive you make to find items for folks what is your visibility like?

Typical dives in marina's for lost things. Can't see a thing as soon as I am 2 foot underwater.

What a great way to live Scuba!

Trying to wrap my head around using a level... on a boat... on the water...

:D

R5

Back
Top Bottom