Sending my Pro-Pointer II for repairs

Sure sounds like you've had your share of problems with pinpointers. I may try one of the cheap knock-offs next time, at least if it goes a couple years before acting-up, at least I didn't lose as much.

Go with a whites trx you will love it. and their customer service is excellent, best in the industry. they would have sent you a brand new one by now I bet.

Go with a whites trx you will love it. and their customer service is excellent, best in the industry. they would have sent you a brand new one by now I bet.

LOL....I want something I'll never have to find-out how good their service department is :D

Edit: Changed mind on brand

Last edited:
Just off the phone with Garrett, and he had me turn it on so he could hear it. It was in low sensitivity mode :roll:

After resetting it, it's working a whole lot better.

Bottom line, operator error evidently. Time will tell after I use it again.

Not yet.. probably be back this week.. hope it will work right when I get it back

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

My Garrett carrot was working odd last night. I had it on vibrate with sensitivity at 2. The side of the pinpointer seemed to be working, but the tip was not working. I held the tip of it up against my wedding ring and nothing. If it swiped the side it would vibrate. I took the (new) battery out for about 2 minutes, put it back in and same thing.

I changed to sensitivity 3 and it seemed to start working again.

Time to send it in, or did I unknowingly screw up some setting? This pinpointer was purchased brand new in March 2017

My Garrett carrot was working odd last night. I had it on vibrate with sensitivity at 2. The side of the pinpointer seemed to be working, but the tip was not working. I held the tip of it up against my wedding ring and nothing. If it swiped the side it would vibrate. I took the (new) battery out for about 2 minutes, put it back in and same thing.

I changed to sensitivity 3 and it seemed to start working again.

Time to send it in, or did I unknowingly screw up some setting? This pinpointer was purchased brand new in March 2017

Dunno, I know I was told on max sens that 1/2" from tip and 1" from side was normal. Wish I'd have just stuck with the PP II, all you had to do was turn it on and off.

I used my original Propointer on a short hunt both Wed and Thursday.. I got lucky with it as it didn't false once. I used it for about 1 hour each day..best find was a 62d rosie.

I used my original Propointer on a short hunt both Wed and Thursday.. I got lucky with it as it didn't false once. I used it for about 1 hour each day..best find was a 62d rosie.

Is this the one you just sent it? Hoping to get my PP II back soon, rather use it than the carrot.

No... I sent the PPII in for the third time... I've been using the original PP. I used it today for a couple of hours today. It didn't false today either. When I quit using it.. it would false quite often. I did work on it myself a couple of years ago. It seems to be working good now

I hope that when I get the ProPointer II back from Garrett that it will work right

I haven't got mine back either. I don't mind it being slow if they have it working right when I get it back.

I just got a phone call from Garrett. The guy that called said that they were not able to duplicate the problem. He said that replaced the pcb, coil and case (same as last time). I should it back in a couple of days:beer:

I thought I was told they had a certain amount of days for turnaround.
I dealt with Maureen, she is very quick on the email response.

Her email is [email protected]

I doubt she'd go back and fix it herself. They know they have it, and they know they've not kept their 10-14 day turn-around time. That's OK, I have a mind like a steel trap.

Rusty and illegal in 14 states :p

I just got a phone call from Garrett. The guy that called said that they were not able to duplicate the problem. He said that replaced the pcb, coil and case (same as last time). I should it back in a couple of days:beer:

Huh.....make a post on the internet, and get a call :laughing:

Coincidence? I think not........... :lol:

I doubt she'd go back and fix it herself. They know they have it, and they know they've not kept their 10-14 day turn-around time. That's OK, I have a mind like a steel trap.

Rusty and illegal in 14 states :p

Huh.....make a post on the internet, and get a call :laughing:

Coincidence? I think not........... :lol:

You would get a promt update with possible tracking info if you would have emailed, did not say she is the one working on your pin pointer?

did not say she is the one working on your pin pointer?

LOL, I know. My point was asking wasn't going to make it happen any quicker.

Funny thing was, 15 minutes after posting, I had tracking numbers in an email, and PP should be back Thursday.

Coincidence? I think not :laughing:

Fingers crossed for being fixed

Looks like a switch and case on mine. Like you, hope it's fixed. If not, I've got a 5.56 I've yet to try out :lol:

1 1100200 REPAIR
2 9401400 BATT 9V HEAVY DUTY
3 9857700 CASE M113B
4 9430300 SWITCH LATCHING DPDT OFF-ON PC MOUNT
5 1100100 LABOR CHARGES
6 1009500 SHIPPING AND HANDLING-DOMESTIC

mine just came back.. Hopefully it will work right now... time will tell..

Back
Top Bottom