MXT Pro and Minelab Safari

Hugh

I am new to detecting and having using a MXT on a loaner basis with the option to buy for $400. The MXT I am using has many scratches on coil and the screen is a little dinged up. The knobs work for me pretty well and the learning curve on the MXT seems pretty straight forward. I am a neatness freak and the scratches bug me. I have been thinking about the MXT Pro or the Minelab Safari. The detecting I have done so far here in Iowa has been fields and old home sites, no beaches. How is the learning curve on the Minelab? What ever I do I believe it will be with New England Detectors. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

An MXT for $400 is a pretty good buy. The coils scratches are primarily cosmetic and if you can get past it ...

The screen is a pre-cut plastic film with adhesive pre-applied around the edges. It is very easy to remove the dinged one and replace it with a new one. You can get one from White's for practically nothing $2 ? I've replaced the one in my MXT without any problem.

I am new to detecting and having using a MXT on a loaner basis with the option to buy for $400. The MXT I am using has many scratches on coil and the screen is a little dinged up. The knobs work for me pretty well and the learning curve on the MXT seems pretty straight forward. I am a neatness freak and the scratches bug me. I have been thinking about the MXT Pro or the Minelab Safari. The detecting I have done so far here in Iowa has been fields and old home sites, no beaches. How is the learning curve on the Minelab? What ever I do I believe it will be with New England Detectors. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Yup, I have the screen covers, just in case. The "pro" model gives some extra features, (back light, coin tones), but for me they aren't worth another $100. The MXT (basic) is a fine machine and since you already have the learning curve mastered, I'd stick with the MXT (Pro). The Safari is good, but the E-Trac is better and much more $$$$.

Dusty

I called New England Detectors about two weeks ago for prices on some detectors. The MXT was on the list. he was in the 5s with it. Give them a call and see what a new one would cost.

$535 is sticking in my mind, but it might have been $595.

Back
Top Bottom