Practicing in my yard

Mark1959

Well, I've had my 400 for about three weeks now. Between my daughter sharing her cold with me for Father's Day and work this is the first time I've got to spend more then a couple of minutes using it. I've learned 3 things so for. 1) I really like detecting. 2) This is hard work, and 3) I really need to water my yard more, it was like trying to dig in cement. Still had fun. Anyway here's my finds. Happy hunting

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 188
Congrats, and you're starting/practicing on the best possible property there is...your own.

Newcomers to the hobby need to do just that, and learn how to recover targets without leaving a mess. Where better to do that than their own yard ;)

Not to mention, you never know what's laying beneath your own sod.

I also started in my own yard. One to learn the detector, two to learn to dig a plug and restore the grass, third just to see what might be out there.

Good way to learn.

You got better results than I did in my back yard - my house is less than 20 years old, and the developer scraped off the top foot or so of topsoil off before building, so I haven't found anything back there except construction debris.

Keep trying - some experience and a decent machine help, but most of all this hobby is about perseverance and luck. Good luck and HH!

Nice job on making some recoveries with your new detector! I liked to go to areas with sand when I first started to practice.

Back
Top Bottom