Rules need to be clearer!

Note to self- Don't sell or buy from someone who has that much energy devoted to arguing with mods.

Can you even imagine the argument that would ensue over a tiny scratch? Wow.

Note to self- Don't sell or buy from someone who has that much energy devoted to arguing with mods.

Can you even imagine the argument that would ensue over a tiny scratch? Wow.
Yep i have alot of energy especially when others do what is actually on the list and can get away with it! All i stated is the need to be clearer and the rules they state isnt in the classified rules. Plus who would get mad over a scratch on used equipment? All i said was rules need to be clearer be mean and talk your !!!! im gonna be nice to you because we are all friendly here!

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

Why belabor the point?

The rules were carefully thought out before being put before the member body.
It is for your own protection. I suppose these requirements could be taken down and let the chips fall where they may.

Reports of people being ripped off would be deleted. "Sorry, can't help you".
Your problem, don't ask us for help recovering your lost property. Not our problem, you should have been sure the guy who stuck it to you was a long time member with a history here at Friendly and not some guy who saw a chance to make a few dishonest dollars.

We accept new members daily, on the other hand we reject new members just as often. There are a lot of bad actors out there, and every new applicant to friendly is SCREENED. We don't get them all, some slip through the cracks.

Believe it or not, we are looking out for all our members, and that includes you. If you truly think we are unfair or just singling out you in particular just because of a rejection to allow you to use the classifieds you are wrong.

This has come up before with other new to the forum folks. They accepted the fact that we mean well.

It is for your own protection. I suppose these requirements could be taken down and let the chips fall where they may.

Your problem, don't ask us for help recovering your lost property. Not our problem, you should have been sure the guy who stuck it to you was a long time member with a history here at Friendly and not some guy who saw a chance to make a few dishonest dollars.

We accept new members daily, on the other hand we reject new members just as often. There are a lot of bad actors out there, and every new applicant to friendly is SCREENED. We don't get them all, some slip through the cracks.

Believe it or not, we are looking out for all our members, and that includes you. If you truly think we are unfair or just singling out you in particular just because of a rejection to allow you to use the classifieds you are wrong.

This has come up before with other new to the forum folks. They accepted the fact that we mean well.
No sir rules are rules and i agree they should be followed. My arguement is under the classified section that does not mention the post number limit, is where the rules need to be clearer. Everyone may not dig through every sub form in hopes to find rules that should be to that sub form. Now i messaged you a couple weeks ago about bumping. Nothing was done. If rules are rules you should have done something about the bumped post and not just turn your cheek!

No sir i dont feel singled out im sure my post hasnt been the only one removed. I thank yall for looking out for the members!

Ok i see they have tried to fix their confusing mess up and i thank them! If you check all the pictures i posted theres dates when the actual post were made. The rules i had seen with no post limit described were 2014. The one now was posted 2011 and updated 2012. Thank yall for trying to clear up this mess.

All members can contact a mod or simply start a thread to clear up any questions they may have if they are confused as well. This is a great forum with lots of people willing to help in any way possible. We may bust your chops a bit but we will also offer a tissue if you need it too!:p :lol:

post count

I tried to post and was not able to because of post count. I do understand why the rule is in place, I bought two detectors in 2013 off of this sight. I must say though , everyone on this sight has been super friendly, including the mods and the person I purchased the detectors from. I do wish they could make exceptions but if they did it would just cause a mess for mods. I will try to sell them other ways.

I tried to post and was not able to because of post count. I do understand why the rule is in place, I bought two detectors in 2013 off of this sight. I must say though , everyone on this sight has been super friendly, including the mods and the person I purchased the detectors from. I do wish they could make exceptions but if they did it would just cause a mess for mods. I will try to sell them other ways.

You’ve been a member here for quite some time why not just click into some finds of others and post a congratulations. It’s pretty easy to hit 200 posts. I mean all you gotta type is “nice job”, “cool finds”, or a simple “congrats”. You will get there in no time.

It doesn't take very long to hit 200 posts, go to the general hobby discussions page and give a welcome to the new members, post some congrats on others finds or get involved in a discussion about detectors, you could have those 200 by the end of the day.

You’ve been a member here for quite some time why not just click into some finds of others and post a congratulations. It’s pretty easy to hit 200 posts. I mean all you gotta type is “nice job”, “cool finds”, or a simple “congrats”. You will get there in no time.

lol :lol: I type too slow!

post count

Well, thanks for the help. Never really thought of it that way, 200 just sounds like a lot.

Well, thanks for the help. Never really thought of it that way, 200 just sounds like a lot.

Just an FYI...some sub forums in the Other Forums section and the Classifieds section DO NOT count towards your post count.

I thought I should include our Forum Classifieds Rule which is Rule 8 of the General Rules.

Please note that it is 200 Significant Posts.

8. Classifieds
- Sellers/Traders/Auctioneers will need to have been members for six months and have logged 200 significant posts before they can use the classifieds
- Do not post a link to outside auctions or For Sale items such as eBay, Craigslist or items listed on other websites, etc.
- Items For Sale in the Classifieds must have a price listed, or please use the auction forum.
- Please edit your title and mark your item SOLD or ENDED after the auction/sale.
- KNOW and RESEARCH who you are dealing with, and BEWARE of scammers! Use at your own risk!
- NOTE: Firearms, ammo, and related items are not to be sold/traded/auctioned on this forum.

post count

I have been reading on here and see a bunch of people had been ripped off and thus the rules that are in place. I am just not much of a forum guy when it comes to posting, just found this sight and bought my two detectors from someone a few yrs. ago and now just want to sell them. I was trying to get my post count up with insignificant post's.lol Want be posting just don't have that kind of time, but tahnk's to all on this sight. Happy Hunting. It is ironic the guy I bought mine from had 150 post count.lol
Ben

Ben24

Times change, rules change, all in which are placed to protect member's from rip off's, personally i like all the rules implied, I buy, and sell viewing the member's I Trader record mostly , the 200 post rule , is good also, even some here that sell on a regular basis , have been had, the way i see it , the more rule's the safer the member is, in the classified, you might not like the rules here, but option's are open to sell your machine's- other place's , good luck, Earl

post count

I have no problems with the rules,brother. If it wasn't for rules and laws this world would be chaos.

Back
Top Bottom