Gold and silver what are the chances!

Dan B.

Elite Member
I thought you would enjoy this video to get you through the winter.

I watch this the other day and thought that this was such an incredible find. Not sure what I would do if it would have been me.

https://youtu.be/CsdGZOLNsyY

Wow, unbelievable find. Just never know what that next signal will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dream of uncovering a find like that. So awesome. Thanks for posting the video.

And he even used the hand cleaner. Too bad he didn't find a pair of nailclippers mixed in with the silver and gold coins.

I dream of uncovering a find like that. So awesome. Thanks for posting the video.

And he even used the hand cleaner. Too bad he didn't find a pair of nailclippers mixed in with the silver and gold coins.

Ok ok. That wasn't very nice. I'm just jealous.

When was commercial waterless hand cleaner invented again? There are a couple things I am wondering about...great coins though!

I just googled..'when was Gojo invented'.....1946...some Grandpas stash evidently...

I also believe that ANY waterless hand cleaner will freeze (I’m an auto mechanic,I know these things) therefore distorting the can in harsh Ohio winters...that particular can is NOT distorted.
I REALLY don’t like the Garrett product placement. ANY time I see that the product is “lined up”....I think “ulterior motive”, even if there isn’t one. The introductory filming is also not “spur of the moment”,further adding to the speculation that this video may very well be, well......:whistle:
But since I think it’s perfectly,completely and absolutely genuine, those are some bucket listers...in a bucket!:grin:

I also believe that ANY waterless hand cleaner will freeze (I’m an auto mechanic,I know these things) therefore distorting the can in harsh Ohio winters...that particular can is NOT distorted.
I REALLY don’t like the Garrett product placement. ANY time I see that the product is “lined up”....I think “ulterior motive”, even if there isn’t one. The introductory filming is also not “spur of the moment”,further adding to the speculation that this video may very well be, well......:whistle:
But since I think it’s perfectly,completely and absolutely genuine, those are some bucket listers...in a bucket!:grin:

I never thought of that! Although, I dont ever remember having a can of Gojo freeze...trying to think back when I was a N MN wrencher?...fixing things at 40 below...maybe its because we had mittens on and never needed to employ a handcleaner until May? Also, Ohio winters are not that harsh...(I used to live in N OH in the 70's and trapped, seemed not too bad)....not compared to NewGlarus or MN anyway...

That Blizzard in 78 killed some folks, and we ran out of beer I remember, Little Kings at the time.....I did kill a pheasant with my bow out at the water treatment plant and snared some some foxs during...aside from that, Pretty tame Winters...

I like the smell of Gojo, used it for shaving cream, aftershave, toothpaste, coffee creamer, mayonnaise substitute, massage oil, athletes foot and jock itch remedy, various other medical purposes...I woulda never thought about hiding a coin stash in a can of it and burying it though...

I dint watch the whole Vid cover to cover, that cave troll thumbnail was a major distraction, even for me...but now, going back, in a clear state of mind, keying in on details......that can did appear too fresh and too much of a Big deal was made out of its excavation and opening...long handled shovel, fresh bushhogged terrain..? Had to either been a reset of the excavation or a total freak job...Nobody gives a tinkers cuss about digging up a can...wouldnt film it..had to been a re-inactment?

I use Fast Orange now...the flavor and added pumice gives a guys teeth a real nice shine...plus, squirt it on a sandwich with peanut butter, or on top of a Hershey bar, a spritz in a cup of coffee, nice little snack!!:laughing:

Last edited:
Ohhhhhhh yuck!!!!!:lol:
I recall the blizzard of 78 as a wee lad.... fella from Mann Brothers Excavating lived next door and plowed out our country driveway with an old D8. Serious serious stuff!
Anyway,I’m not doubting the find. I don’t like product placement as it INSTILLS doubt unnecessarily. If it’s genuine,then it’s one of the top 10 I’ve ever seen.

I'm thinking I've seen much skepticism on this video in the past.

Good thing he had his own cameraman followng him around that day to video this reenactment.

I'm thinking I've seen much skepticism on this video in the past.

Good thing he had his own cameraman followng him around that day to video this reenactment.

You know what BT? After reviewing it a few times..I can understand why! Any old cheapo rig woulda hit that target..The Pro didnt have nothing to do with it, so thats troubling...We are all proud of the rigs we run, rightly so, but this was a bit too flagrant of a pitch...! Plus, a guy woulda dumped it straight out on the tailgate and not diddled around so long for the reveal...Its BS six ways from Sunday!!

You know what BT? After reviewing it a few times..I can understand why! Any old cheapo rig woulda hit that target..The Pro didnt have nothing to do with it, so thats troubling...We are all proud of the rigs we run, rightly so, but this was a bit too flagrant of a pitch...!

Besides the obvious questions, two more things that send up red flags, is he was almost posed when the camera started, and his shovel was dry and clean. So not only did he have a camera man with him, it was his first target of the day.

That's a heck of a first diggable target.

Besides the obvious questions, two more things that send up red flags, is he was almost posed when the camera started, and his shovel was dry and clean. So not only did he have a camera man with him, it was his first target of the day.

That's a heck of a first diggable target.

I dont get people?...Youtube fame?? Hell, any one of us could go out in the backyard right now and film a similar amazing self planted find...Stolen Valor from all the great Wild Hunters out there..

Any one of us digging up a can woulda quickly stomped it sideways, or something...not tote it up to the tailgate for a major filmed reveal?.....Oh Well, Mankind is comprised of Hunters, Farmers, and Liars..."Those that cant Hunt, Plant, those that cant do either, bullcrap"...:laughing:

I dont get people?...Youtube fame?? Hell, any one of us could go out in the backyard right now and film a similar amazing self planted find...Stolen Valor from all the great Wild Hunters out there..

Any one of us digging up a can woulda quickly stomped it sideways, or something...not tote it up to the tailgate for a major filmed reveal?.....Oh Well, Mankind is comprised of Hunters, Farmers, and Liars..."Those that cant Hunt, Plant, those that cant do either, bullcrap"...:laughing:

Not sure why people do those things. By nature I am more trusting, and assume most people will do the right thing, but unfortunately this video makes me question others intention.

By "trusting" let me explain, i just dont believe people would wast the time, energy and resources just to lie to people just for the lie it self. It doesn't appear their would be real financial gain or benefit in making this video anyway.

Maybe that was restaged because no one had a camera at the time, or? Either way, that's one hell of a collection of coins to put on the tail end of an atv.

Here's part 1 of part 2

I found part 1 of the previous video I had posted. It shows him prying up The Rock which laid over top of the can. You can see that it looks more natural and not staged to me.

https://youtu.be/k6XkypGBdfU

Back
Top Bottom