Deus vs E-Trac vs Max

Never used the MAX yet, but I hear its as deep or deeper than the ATP so I'll judge accordingly.

All can hit those deep coins pretty close to the same depth. The Deus would have an advantage in heavy iron sites, the E-Trac would have the advantage on hard packed ground.

Now if you break that down to which gives the most accurate target ID the deepest I would have to say the E-Trac.

etrac = deep coins better id, deus around same depth as etac and has a little more than the ctx in my soil.. if relic hunting the deus
hands down if coin shooting the etrac if doing both then some decisions have to made.
The AT MAX doesn't even belong in the same thread as these 2 detectors! Its audio for coin shooting stinks imo... and others I think would agree and some will disagree. BTW it is deeper but the audio kills this detector and you should hear it in iron....

Never used the MAX yet, but I hear its as deep or deeper than the ATP so I'll judge accordingly.

All can hit those deep coins pretty close to the same depth. The Deus would have an advantage in heavy iron sites, the E-Trac would have the advantage on hard packed ground.

Now if you break that down to which gives the most accurate target ID the deepest I would have to say the E-Trac.

Hummm I have some hard packed grounds also trashy grounds...

Depth isn't everything...I had a Whites V3i a CTX 3030 and a Deus...hunted the same areas with them taking turns which one went first. Separation will find more old coins and artifacts over depth. I sold them all except for the Deus.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Also the Deus is a dream to swing compared to those two heavy weights and from all accounts the ETRAC is heavier or less well balanced than the CTX

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You did not mention your budget , whether you would consider buying used? And your soil conditions, where you hunt most, what you would most like to find, whether your tone or ID preferences, Ease of use, ETC ETC ETC. It all plays into the equation and matters. Then there is the issue of, after you get your hands on all them there could be one you just like to use better cause you like it. And in the end it will be the one you find the most with cause you use it the most.

You did not mention your budget , whether you would consider buying used? And your soil conditions, where you hunt most, what you would most like to find, whether your tone or ID preferences, Ease of use, ETC ETC ETC. It all plays into the equation and matters. Then there is the issue of, after you get your hands on all them there could be one you just like to use better cause you like it. And in the end it will be the one you find the most with cause you use it the most.
Used I worry but I think yes.
soil conditions, parks, lawns woods and salt sand...
silver coins mostly and gold on the salt sand.

I would say Etrac most likely. If possible get to a friend or dealer that has them and get some hands on with them. I have been lucky i can afford to buy them and trade them. I would watch some videos on youtube as well if you cannot get to a friend or dealer with those machines. But if you have shoulder issues or are older the deus is a dream to swing for longer periods of time.

I owned both the etrac and deus and did extensive testing between the 2 going back and forth on site. My take on it is the deus will sound off on some targets that the etrac cant see. I found the depth in my ground to be about the same. BUT the etrac has a much better target ID when trying to separate trash from treasure. If your type of hunting involves digging all non ferrous signals then the deus is the right machine. But for me I mainly dig coins in trashy areas. In that case I found the deus target ID to be optimistic and I spent most of the day digging trash. I ended up selling the deus. So I would say it is 100% dependent on what and how you hunt.

Equinox 600

I like the deep hitting silver coin ability of the E- track but not water proof and I might like to jump in a stream or pond ever now and then. The Duce, I like that it looks very portable but not water proof but you can do a few mods to get it their. The max, deep in all metal but no discrimination Basically an at pro if you take away the all metal. I can get at pro for les money and the only time I might kick up the all metal is on the beach or a hunted out spot . Finale the all new EQUINOX 600, Price is good, water proof, should work well in wet salt and dry land. So now time for the EQUINOX to get out and see the reports. I wonder how it will do on deep coins?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom