Grammar Police Retirs

Status
Not open for further replies.

matmit

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
Due to recent events, I will no longer be correcting spelling or grammar on the forum.
I just hope that in another ten years, we will be able to communicate effectively:mad:
Spell it hoserver you pleez, U Kan bet i wil

Last edited:
All come on now I am the worst speller on the form need all the help I can get. I talk into a mic on the computer to post here. If it weren't for the wife correcting me you probably couldn't read what I wrote. Even the dumb computer won't recognize my language sometimes:laughing:That is one reason I don't post on here as much just because I have trouble spelling. On the bright side I have been out detecting and found a few nice Civil War items:D

Sad, I learned much more from you in my horrible grammar than I did in school. R.I.P Grammar Police

robertson-davies-novelist-quote-few-people-can-see-genius-in-someone.jpg

A constable of communication..

Feel free to let me know wear I go wrong, please...

I'll still take help, if that's even possible..:lol:

<°)))>{

If it's any consolation that stuff drives me bonkers also, I can't stand reading the mistakes. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard. Unfortunately a lot of folks just don't appreciate being corrected. It rubs them the wrong way I suppose. Some people were the same way when I policed them in real life. Just danged ungrateful if you ask me... :laughing:

Sometimes all you can do is stick your fingers in your ears and go "lalalalalalal" real loud to make it all go away. :lol::lol:

If it's any consolation that stuff drives me bonkers also, I can't stand reading the mistakes. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard. Unfortunately a lot of folks just don't appreciate being corrected. It rubs them the wrong way I suppose. Some people were the same way when I policed them in real life. Just danged ungrateful if you ask me... :laughing:

Sometimes all you can do is stick your fingers in your ears and go "lalalalalalal" real loud to make it all go away. :lol::lol:

My brother has a shrit that sez "I am silently correcting your grammar"
:lol::laughing:

I'm not the best grammatical speller on this forum, and I don't mind being corrected , I feel it only makes me just a little bit better. There's a lot of people in this world that could use a little correcting , if they weren't to bone headed to accept a little constructive criticism .
So, as I see it now , I don't see any posters congratulating your decision here , so , If you'll be so inclined to continue your concern for our proper grammar , I'll promise to try a little harder to insure that your efforts are not made in vain.
To the bone heads , grow up, get over it , and learn a little.

ask a millennial to write their name in cursive, they are confused. ask them to give you change for a dollar, no clue. to spell and write correctly, a whole nother world. everyone gets a trophy. :D keep up the good work.

Man, some people need thicker skin. I observed the offending action, but there was also a warm welcome in both those posts. Some of the spelling on here is herendus to the point of not even understanding what is being asked or said. I know we easily make mistakes, butt sum uv dez wurdz n santancez r jest cumpleatli uncumprehentable.

A misspelling here or there is fine and no big deal, but man my brain hurts to just figure out what some people are trying to say sometimes. I'm slightly educated and even I need help sometimes, good thing my wife is an English teacher!

I'll miss the grammar police, I need all the help I can get!

Some people don't realize that a comma or a period in the wrong place can completely change the point they're trying to make ! It's sad that they're brilliant idea or story does not get communicated to others and without correction, this sorry state just goes on and on. Your work will be missed.

A college teacher my wife had corrected her once for saying "I seen" instead of "I saw", now every time I make that mistake and say "I seen" she'll immediately say "I saw" :lol: .......you would think after what seems about 100 times I'd finally say "I saw" but I can't believe I still keep making that mistake :lol:

Maybe back when I was in the Navy I should have said "I sea" :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I like punktuationating things...especially 'dot dot dot' ... I like spelling things, especially words...I'm also slightly educated, just enough to talk smart in generalities and with no apparent permanent damage to myself or others it seems...I think about things sometimes even...For instance...

Commas are like a fallen branch across a woodland word trail, you have to break stride and step over it...Periods are akin to a little sapling growing right in the middle of the trail you have to stop and step around...Exclamation points signify an active yellow jacket nest in the trail, etc...they are merely natural obstacles when traveling the wild word woodlands and important to the wanderer... So theres nothing wrong with pointing out these impediments to the stumblebums and ignorant booboos! Its for their own good! You dont want some inexperienced dummy getting their eye poked out by a low hanging apostrophe!:laughing:

We need a Word Ranger around here! Somebody to keep the trails maintained for an easier, efficient, and pleasant hiking experience, as well as safe navigation for the group...just one stumblebum tripping over an oak root semicolon and breaking his ankle can ruin it for the rest of us! :laughing:

Last edited:
Some people don't realize that a comma or a period in the wrong place can completely change the point they're trying to make ! It's sad that they're brilliant idea or story does not get communicated to others and without correction, this sorry state just goes on and on. Your work will be missed.

Here is an example:

When are we going to eat grandpa?​

Versus,

When are we going to eat, grandpa?​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom