Lost Treasure Weekend June 5 - 7, 2009

LostTreasureJim

Greene County, NY is rich in detecting and treasure hunting opportunities.

Blackthorne Resort in East Durham NY (zip code 12423) is hosting its 3rd Annual Lost Treasure Weekend June 5 - 7, 2009. This is a weekend not to be missed if you are a metal detecting enthusiast. Thousands of dollars worth of metal detecting equipment prizes and treasure will be awarded to a wide variety of participants throughout the weekend. As well as the organized hunts, there will be many other locations to metal detect for natural finds.

Please email me with a mailing address, so I can send you a brochure explaining the weekend in detail.

Happy Hunting!

[email protected]

No problem Carol!

East Durham is a rural town in upstate NY that has been a tourism center since WWII, so many opportunities exist for finding lost treasures, coins, etc. There have been festivals of all sorts, attracting thousands of people who have subsequently lost coins, jewelry, etc. Also, the area is rich in military history. Through the years, people have found many buttons, coins, and other items of value because the region has been virtually untapped by treasure hunters.

The host family of Lost Treasure Weekend is an exceptionally nice, down-to-earth, and hard working group of people who go out of their way to make sure everyone has a great time, and the opportunity for winning money, coins and prizes regardless of what equipment they are using. They are also putting a great deal of effort into trying to get manufacturers or their reps involved, so that seminars can be held to provide instruction and treasure hunting tips also.

It's ideally located, only a couple hours north of New York City, and about 15 minutes from NYS Thruway exit 21, so it's quite cheap very easy to get to.

No problem Carol!

East Durham is a rural town in upstate NY that has been a tourism center since WWII, so many opportunities exist for finding lost treasures, coins, etc. There have been festivals of all sorts, attracting thousands of people who have subsequently lost coins, jewelry, etc. Also, the area is rich in military history. Through the years, people have found many buttons, coins, and other items of value because the region has been virtually untapped by treasure hunters.

The host family of Lost Treasure Weekend is an exceptionally nice, down-to-earth, and hard working group of people who go out of their way to make sure everyone has a great time, and the opportunity for winning money, coins and prizes regardless of what equipment they are using. They are also putting a great deal of effort into trying to get manufacturers or their reps involved, so that seminars can be held to provide instruction and treasure hunting tips also.

It's ideally located, only a couple hours north of New York City, and about 15 minutes from NYS Thruway exit 21, so it's quite cheap very easy to get to.

Should be a lot of Claddagh rings at this one .. If you're Irish its the place to go.

Carol asked me in a PM to give a bit more of an introduction (which she approved), so here you go:

"Lost Treasure Weekend" is hosted by very close friends of mine who have a family oriented resort in Greene County NY. They have an endless variety of themed weeks and weekends, such as; music festivals, two championship dog events, Mustang Weekend, Corvette Weekend, several motorcycle events, the largest of which is Catskill Mountain Thunder, which has brought in over 10,000 visitors for that four day event.

The youngest child of one of the owners got his Dad involved in metal detecting/treasure hunting, as a way to get some special private time with his Dad. Roy became so taken by his enjoyment of doing this with his son, that he decided this would be a wonderful addition to their other family oriented events. So, three years ago, "Lost Treasure Weekend" was born. It has grown steadily each year, and this year I am helping them to get the word out more than ever before. I am also attempting to get manufacturers and reps to attend and exhibit, to hold "how-to" seminars and provide tips to some of the many novices who attend, as well as demonstrating their most sophisticated equipment to those who take their hobby much more seriously.

If some members of the family are not be so gung-ho about metal detecting, right down the road is Supersonic Speedway, an amusement park complete with go carts to drive on a blacktop track, miniature golf, batting cages, a shooting gallery, and a snack bar that serves food, ice cream, and cotton candy.

A few miles in the opposite direction is Tanglewood Ranch, where the youngest to oldest family members can take horseback rides on trails that showcase some of the most beautiful mountain scenery you could ever hope to see. At one point, you are high enough to see five states, and on a clear day, it will take your breath away!

There's simply no way you could leave this event without looking forward to the next year's hunt!

Send an e-mail with your name and mailing address, (phone number would be great too) directly to me at [email protected] to be mailed a brochure with all the details.

Happy hunting!

Updated info! Natural find site added!

In addition to the scheduled activities, there will be a tour with a number of stops at places likely to produce natural finds.

I have agreed to allow one of my properties, a huge field with an historical marker designating it as one of the Drilling Grounds of the War of 1812 to be on the list of hunting spots. I used to own the house formerly owned by Col. Ezra Post, who was the commander in this area at that time.

Also, there has been a number of Clubs from all over suggesting that they will be using this as one of their major functions. So, a trophy will be given to the Club with the largest number of members attending, in addition to the thousands of dollars of cash and equipment prizes to be won.

Feel free to e-mail me with questions, or send me your mailing address if you'd like a brochure sent to you. [email protected]

Holy SMOKES!

WOW.

All I gotta say is - I am ALL OVER this. Just an unbelievable opportunity imho. :D

A measly three hours+ from Leominster, used to drive that far to ski! :cool:

(I just gotta remember to put me down as Unavailable on the band calendar!) :lol:

C'mon JUNE!!

Back
Top Bottom