Yes, Yes, and Yes, My 1st!!

havefaith

Elite Member
Well yesterday as I impatiently waited for my husband to get ready to take a ride to this new tot lot I had found, I decided to take my MD outside in this little area in my yard to see what I could dig up. I got a 1 cent reading and thought what the heck. I started to dig it up when my hubby came out. He said what did you find, I told him a penny. I found it, and at 1st I thought it was a wheat, but no, it was an Indian Head, 1883!!!! I was so excited, my 1st one. The back of the IH looks great, and you can hardly make out the Indian on the front, but hey it is my 1st one. It looks a little shadowy, maybe just a little bit of dirt, but I'll take it!! I found that it was only about 2 in. down, if that.
By Crikey, I am so happy!!!

Unbelievable! I Have about as much a chance of finding an IH on my property as having it snow! Good going!

what is the best way to take a pic of this coin, like should I lay down try to stand it up? well I will experiement with it.

"Unbelievable! I Have about as much a chance of finding an IH on my property as having it snow! Good going!"
:shock: Careful what you ask for Felix.:lol:
Nice going on the IH Havefaith. I would be doing some more checking in that spot, you just never know;) .

Congrats and WTG ! I would try both ways on photoing the coin and see which way the light is best

what is the best way to take a pic of this coin, like should I lay down try to stand it up? well I will experiement with it.

1. Select a macro mode on your camera, usually marked with a flower icon.
  2. Make sure there is plenty of light, outside is best.
  3. Use a small tripod or a steady hand ;)
  4. Don't just take one picture, take a bunch from different angles and pick the best out and delete the rest later.
Hope this helps. Oh, and good job on the indian, I still remember when we found our first too!

Scan it!

Put it in the scanner and scan it. Believe or not the scanner does a good job. Congrats on yur first of many!:)

I will definately be doing a more thorough search of my back yard now. I do most definately love it. I keep looking at it. 124 yrs. old, wow. I will post pics ASAP. Should I try to clean it up alittle or just leave it alone? The back is perfect. Thanx for all the responses. I love this forum!!!!

try the scanner

Great find, Havefaith. I agree with trying the scanner if you have one. I have an old one but it does fairly well with coins. Doug

Great dig for you !! They are rare whever you are. I have dug about 8-10 in my 27 years detecting here. "Where there's one- there's two " :) Steve in so az

Hi All, Thanx for all the responses you gave me. I will be "trying" to use the scanner. I don't think it should be to hard.:duh: I went out back to my yard again yesterday but I didn't find anymore IHs. I will keep searching. If there is one, there must be more.:D

HaveFaith

Back
Top Bottom