Deus users using full tones (beware)

I don't see any picture you allude to.
Tony (Michigan)

Tony,
Unfortunately photobucket has changed their ways of doing business.
Hence any photobuckets pics are disabled.

You will see this in other threads here and on other detecting forums.
I still haven't made mind up with an alternative way to post pics here and elsewhere.

As much as i enjoy listening to full tones, there's just too many drawbacks for most of my hunting, no matter v4 or not, the small thin coins next to iron just don't pop.
Most of my hunting are old sites, so pitch tone with the xy screen to ID coke is pretty good for that, if i'm in a bit more modern trash im using 3 tones.

Dang it tn, all I'm seeing on your pictures is this.

Attachments

• image-error.jpg
    image-error.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 148
btw I like the info provided in full tones way more than 5 or 4 etc. I wish they would put a iron vol feature in the full tones becuase it gives you alot of info on the targets.

If you could set a tone break for iron coupled with iron volume, in full tones, this would be spot on.

btw I like the info provided in full tones way more than 5 or 4 etc. I wish they would put a iron vol feature in the full tones becuase it gives you alot of info on the targets.

If you could set a tone break for iron coupled with iron volume, in full tones, this would be spot on.

You can still run disc with full tones.
I do it all the time.

Unit not as busy sounding.
But don't go to high if you are after morseso better unmasking.
Like level 3.
Or even 2.5

Using version 3.2 I did well running as such in sites loaded with nails.

I need to hear the iron though.

You can still run disc with full tones.
I do it all the time.

Unit not as busy sounding.
But don't go to high if you are after morseso better unmasking.
Like level 3.
Or even 2.5

Using version 3.2 I did well running as such in sites loaded with nails.

Here's a small copper coin @6" with a small nail just off to the side of the coin @3" deep.
Both programs are built off deus fast, one runs full tones -2.5 disc, the other program runs pitch +6 disc iron volume 2, the rest of the settings are the same for each program.

When i walk around in full tones you can hit the coin a few times, say maybe 10% of the time, in pitch you can hit it 90%.
It's not a ear popping hit everytime in pitch, but it's enough to make me stop and investigate it further. In full tones, unless i hit it on the sweet spot i'd probably walk past it.

Or maybe it's just my hearing lol

https://youtu.be/JuIF_WAed2M

Here's a small copper coin @6" with a small nail just off to the side of the coin @3" deep.
Both programs are built off deus fast, one runs full tones -2.5 disc, the other program runs pitch +6 disc iron volume 2, the rest of the settings are the same for each program.

When i walk around in full tones you can hit the coin a few times, say maybe 10% of the time, in pitch you can hit it 90%.
It's not a ear popping hit everytime in pitch, but it's enough to make me stop and investigate it further. In full tones, unless i hit it on the sweet spot i'd probably walk past it.

Or maybe it's just my hearing lol

https://youtu.be/JuIF_WAed2M

I have commented on this on this forum before.

Ghound, try the following,

In your test experiement, use full tones disc -2.5 say reactvity 3 18khz,,,and compare to disc level 6 using 2 or 3 tones.

The thing to watch, the center of the coil.
How each setup ,,how far off of center can you have the coil and get an investigate signal.

Full tones likely will come up short here.

Personally, i just don't see a relic hunting situation where full tones would be the best choice for myself.
My last 3 hunts were using pitch and i've been digging more small targets in iron, that's where i want to be.
The xy screen helps me ID coke, disc set at +6 takes out nails and with an iron volume of 2 or 3 pitch makes the good targets pop.
I've been playing with the audio response setting and pitch in correlation to the depth i expect to find small targets in my mineralised soil, it really helps when i get it set right.

Personally, i just don't see a relic hunting situation where full tones would be the best choice for myself.
My last 3 hunts were using pitch and i've been digging more small targets in iron, that's where i want to be.
The xy screen helps me ID coke, disc set at +6 takes out nails and with an iron volume of 2 or 3 pitch makes the good targets pop.
I've been playing with the audio response setting and pitch in correlation to the depth i expect to find small targets in my mineralised soil, it really helps when i get it set right.

I can understand where you are coming from.
But, IMO you should at least use full tones say -2.5 disc 18khz, in areas where you are being successful using other settings on deus.
Let this what I am saying here be situational for you.
Why?
Beleive it or not, some targets are not attainable tone wise using say disc level 6.
Been there and done that, even head to heads, and I witnessed first hand.

Remember the capability to run full tones was added with version update.
Would it be practical here to think, there was a good reason for xp adding?

No doubt one setting isn't going to find it all, from your testing what type targets did you find fell more to the full tones -2.5 settings?

No doubt one setting isn't going to find it all, from your testing what type targets did you find fell more to the full tones -2.5 settings?

It wasn't any target's in particular.

Was the actual detecting scenario.

On average, if iron near a nonferrous was bigger,,,,disc 6 had advantage.
If ferrous was smaller,, low disc and full tones had advantage.

But remember, there are some nonferrous targets, scenarios where more coil position latitude was given using disc 6 and say 2 or 3 tones.

For example, if a found a smaller gold coin in a site where iron was abundant.
I would eventually hunt both ways with Deus(settings wise)

Now, for a site ( and I knew where the site was) and it was loaded with iron, if Inwere only given one shot to hunt,,,I would use disc 6 and 3 tone.

Alright,
I noticed some thing yesterday while running V4 Deus.

When I tested and used V4 Deus back in the spring, Inwas very impressed about version 4 .
Why?

I witnessed version 4 reporting signals overall better.
I also never did see version 4 report targets (nonferrous) like version 3.2 would do occassionally with tones while sweeping nonferrous being driven down extremely close to iron tone range.

Well,
Yesterday I finally got to hear version 4 do this here what version 3.2 was notorious for doing.

What was the difference between yesterday vs this past spring using version 4 Deus?
Soil back in the spring was damp, yesterday very dry, needed jack hammer to dig even a 6" deep hole.

This what the Deus does here, I actually consider this to be the Deus' biggest weakness/fault.

Folks using Deus in dry(er) soil conditions had better be on guard.
Nonferrous when swept, Deus user if they are not careful will be thinking they have ferrous under their coils.

I would also like to hear some of the Deus users here (v4) to maybe comment as to the depth they are getting when it is dry, vs when the soil was wetter.

I have a strong hunch depths are rather significantly reduced. (Percentage wise moreso than fbs/fbs2).
This is where fbs/fbs2 units have advantage over Deus.

The tones provided on the fbs/fbs2 Minelabs are not as compromised in these dry conditions.

Good info, i've not tried it in really hard dry ground as yet, saying that we barely get 2 dry days in a row in Ireland so not normally a problem.
The depth i've been getting in general is average on small stuff, but i've still been finding plenty on well my used sites, prehaps all the deepies have already been found with mine and other machines and it's only the more challenged targets that are left.......???

It takes time to get used to full tones.
Now I almost Always use full (120) tones on my Rutus Alter 71.
No problems missing small low conductors, they are popping enough compared to iron.

It's great the way you can set the Rutus to full tones, i could set the iron tone to suit, say 15, then put a big enough jump to the 1st tone so as to differentiate from iron, not so with the deus full tones.

It takes time to get used to full tones.
Now I almost Always use full (120) tones on my Rutus Alter 71.
No problems missing small low conductors, they are popping enough compared to iron.

Back
Top Bottom