Mojave coin depth?

About how deep are you mojave owners getting on U.S. Coins?

You will get a ton of answers depending on soil types.
Here in my southern red clay mineralized soil, where my Compadre could reach 3", maybe 4" on a good day after a rain in the bad stuff I am getting to at least the 5-6" area easily even in dry dirt...so far.
That is where most of my oldest coins seem to be, I might be able to get further but I have to run across a coin deeper sometime to find out.

In Kansas where my 7" coil Compadre could get to the 6-7" area in that great soil I can guess my Mojave could probably go to 8" or more.

This would be on small coins, one cent and dimes.

Out further west in say parts of Colorado with different kinds of problem dirt I would assume things would be different, could be less than I am getting.

I was taking a chance and hoped I could get even one more inch than my Compadre here but this thing surprised me and blew right past that by a few more inches than that consistently so I am a real happy camper.

Does get a very good signal on my 5" deep dime in all metal but with pulltab rejection signal is small and weak & would likely be missing most 5" dimes if I was detecting set to pulltab rejection. I don't want to detect in all metal and move disc up & down to analyze target or dig all.

About how deep are you mojave owners getting on U.S. Coins?

I get a good solid audio response in my mild ground up to 7 inches in my mild ground with the Mojave. Its depth is not what makes the Mojave great, it's uncanny ability to unmask around thick iron and trash is what makes it such a outstanding detector. That why I keep saying it makes a great companion detector for the CZ, F75, AT Pro, Omega, T2 etc., because it will find targets that the more expensive detectors miss. The deeper detectors will find targets that the Mojave can't reach. Besides, the Mojave is just plain out fun to use. Everyone should own a Mojave.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom