Finds from the last two relic hunts

Digger70pa

Forum Supporter
These are the finds from my last two civil war relic hunts. The little bell thing has cork in the base of it & course threads inside to. Any ideas of what it is? Every thing is in or crops or to high to hunt for a while so this is it until fall.

Attachments

• Last couple of late spring hunts 001.jpg
    Last couple of late spring hunts 001.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 367
  • Last couple of late spring hunts 002.jpg
    Last couple of late spring hunts 002.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 371
  • Last couple of late spring hunts 003.jpg
    Last couple of late spring hunts 003.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 370
  • Last couple of late spring hunts 007.jpg
    Last couple of late spring hunts 007.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 362
Awww so thats it till fall? You'll have to do some coin shooting in your down time. Great finds as usual. I cant help you with an ID on the relic with the threads on it. Maybe someone else has seen it before? I still got my hopes up that I will dig a bullet from the Civil War. I guess I will wait till fall and door knock at some farrms and with a little dumb luck I will be able to post my first. Happy hunting!

Congrats on the nice finds! No clue about the bell thingie...

There's always the woods. We've been sticking to a couple of sites we know of in the trees. It's hard hunting to be sure, but there's no way I'm going to stop until fall!!

@pagordon, it's not about hoping and luck, it's much more about research! You could spend 1000 hours digging random farms and maybe find a bullet or you could spend 100 hours researching and find a whole lot more. Yes, some people luck into camps (KEEX! haha) but if you really want some CW relics, it's time to hit the books ;)

I got a good group of books and was going to read them over winter. The winter was too mild to read lol. I have places picked out from what reading I did do and thats where im going to start my search. Thanks for the tip though. I can use all I can get when it comes to civil war relic hunting.

Awesome! I'm too scared of the snakes and such to get in the water, lol. Did you happen to see the pair of enfield rifles recovered from the water last week? Found by HomeGuardDan and Aquachigger. They're posted on a couple of the other forums. That's the next frontier for the big finds, imho.

Back
Top Bottom