• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My first metal detecting adventure (what you think?)

imag1ne

Hello there everyone,

After getting some help from a few members here on the forums I have decided what detector I will buy. It will be the Eurotek pro with 11DD coil. Thank you for that! I should recieve it today. Sadly here in Germany the law is quite tight when it comes to metal detecting and you need to request permission from the goverment etc.... pff :laughing:

Anyway, I just wanted to ask and discuss here on a place I will go to soon, and what you think about the area. Its in Czech Republic

My girlfriends parents own a very large piece of ground, including a patato field, normal grass fields and multiple forests. It has been private property for about 70 years now, and this sounds very good to me. As im pretty sure no one ever was there with a detector before, but cant be sure.

Some information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moravia (region)

Does this look like a "good" area to start my first adventure? :) Im excited thats for sure.

Welcome from BuffaloNY, glad to see you have land to hunt on , you won't know what's there until you try it !
Happy Hunting

Hello from Kansas City, Missouri. Any ground has potential but focus at first on areas where the most people would have been so the greater possibilty of dropped items. Good luck.

Welcome from Canastota New York. Pull up the web site on your town. Beautiful country. Looks like you have quite a bit of history by the pictures. Congrats on your new machine. HH

Welcome to the forum from Michigan. I would be pretty excited to search that area since it has probably never been searched. The possibility for war relics is there so good luck. maybe you can research wwII battles and see if anything was going on in that area.

Congratulations on your new detector. I also considered the eurotek but eventually decided on the Garrett Ace 250. Keep us updated on your progress with the eurotek. I´m new to the Hobby myself and also live in Germany (Mannheim).

I´ve heard the same about Germany being tight about metal detecting but then I´ve also heard that if it´s a public place you should be fine and if it´s a private place you are ok to hunt it with permission from the owner.

Anyway if you´re around the Mannheim area my son and I are planning on going this Weekend if you want to come along.

Imag1ne,

Sounds like a great spot to start. Some caution, when hitting larger targets of an Iron nature. Un-exploded ordinance is still found. Be safe and happy hunting.

Congratulations on your new detector. I also considered the eurotek but eventually decided on the Garrett Ace 250. Keep us updated on your progress with the eurotek. I´m new to the Hobby myself and also live in Germany (Mannheim).

I´ve heard the same about Germany being tight about metal detecting but then I´ve also heard that if it´s a public place you should be fine and if it´s a private place you are ok to hunt it with permission from the owner.

Anyway if you´re around the Mannheim area my son and I are planning on going this Weekend if you want to come along.

You are wrong! I did a lot of research and sadly its quite impossible for most people to get permission to metal detect and dig in germany. You need a what they call NFG (Nachforschungsgenehmigung)
If you dig without this paper you can get a few years in prison, and a ticket of 25.000 to 1.000.000 euros.

It looks like the only place you can go without this paper is in Bayern. There you do not need a NFG, but I'm not 100% sure about this. I will call the Landesambt today and I will let you know if it is true. If it is true its not so bad since its about a 30 min drive and we are both in Bayern area.

Some info: http://sucherwiki.de/index.php/Sondengehen_in_Deutschland

Olhankw you are wrong! You cant even metal detect in your own garden as a matter of fact. I did a lot of research and sadly its quite impossible for most people to get permission to metal detect and dig in germany. You need a what they call NFG (Nachforschungsgenehmigung)
If you dig without this paper you can get a few years in prison, and a fine up to 1.000.000 euros.

It looks like the only place you can go without this paper is in Bayern. There you do not need a NFG, but I'm not 100% sure about this. I will call the Landesambt today and I will let you know if it is true. If it is true its not so bad since its about a 30 min drive and we are both in Bayern area.

Some info: http://sucherwiki.de/index.php/Sondengehen_in_Deutschland

I called and I can confirm now that NOWHERE in Germany you can go metal detecting without a NFG. You have to request this and the landesamt and it could be quite difficult.

You need an NFG (nachforschungsgenehmigung) to be able to dig in any place in Germany.

Do not go without it, or you can go to jail or have to pay a fine of up to 1.000.000 euros...

If you are searching for "archaeological evidence" or "monuments" that may have a significate value then yes you need a permit. If you are only searching as a hobby to maybe find a few coins or dropped jewelry or such then from what i´ve been told you are good to go. Maybe someone with a little more knowledge can clarify this other then what a couple of websites say.

I called with the landesamt fur denkmahlplfege, and they said without NFG you cant do anything, not even look for new coins or lost jewelry.

Its hard to believe I know. But better know it before then going into prison or having to pay that big amount of money I guess.

Back
Top Bottom