Mystery switch on minelab gt16000

Jaaltreinders

Hi everyone,
I have just recently acquired an old gt16000 which has an extra switch on the bottom right side of the control panel. It is connected via a couple wires to some resistors inside on the circuit board. I have attached a couple of pics as I don't know what the switch does and I was hoping someone here could shed some light on it.
Thanks in advance
4548158b2fc3b48cfd5f8f7ee8a67382.jpg
bf64df3a71d2345b2bf0fc9b15025705.jpg
cec9c3861d0b417d63eee670a72a99b0.jpg

Sent from my Bluboo Dual using Tapatalk

Because of where it is, I would guess maybe a speaker switch added on by previous owner. Maybe to turn speaker off when digging...Just a guess.

Thanks mudwhale
I had wondered that due to the switch being close to the speaker, but it turns out it does nothing to the speaker at all. Thanks for the try though.
Any other thoughts would be much appreciated.
thanks guys.

Yes, I agree. Its not part of the factory components and looking at where the wires run to it seems like there designed to bypass the 2 resistors on the circuit board that you can see in the original photo's. Its on the circuit board with the big black chip in the middle. So I'm not real sure what those little resistors did.
Thanks for your thoughts though.

Hi tnsharpshooter
Thanks for the link, I'll get on that forum and see what they know also.
hi nectar/detector, thanks for the idea on a pinpoint button. how would this work exactly. What would make it into a pinpoint detector??
Thanks

Hi tnsharpshooter
Thanks for the link, I'll get on that forum and see what they know also.
hi nectar/detector, thanks for the idea on a pinpoint button. how would this work exactly. What would make it into a pinpoint detector??
Thanks

IF it is, it would be in use after a target is detected and you wanted to then hone in and pinpoint the location of the target so you would know where to dig.

http://www.metaldetectingworld.com/pinpointing_targets.shtml

That explains what it might be for, what pinpointing is etc... mine was merely a guess, but possible :)

IF it is, it would be in use after a target is detected and you wanted to then hone in and pinpoint the location of the target so you would know where to dig.

http://www.metaldetectingworld.com/pinpointing_targets.shtml

That explains what it might be for, what pinpointing is etc... mine was merely a guess, but possible :)
Hi again
That's an interesting read. I'll give the switch a flick next time I find a target and see what difference it makes.
Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom