Teknetics Eurotek Pro or Tesoro Mojave?

I recently got an AmeriTek Minuteman - it's a Eurotek Pro with an 8" round coil.

Light as a feather - nice pinpoint function and hits an 8" down quarter in my AZ red dirt. It is deeper than my ---- Compadre, Sidewinder, Golden Sabre, - about equal to my Eldorado.

It's a lot of detector for $200. It has good coin ID - but just numerical readout, no markings for nickel, dime, penny, etc.

All in all - I prefer it to my fabled Compadre (I've had 3) or a Sidewinder or an Amigo 2 - all cute, effective - I've had them, but time marches on.

Soldering bits together to build electronic circuits to do analogue signal processing is the past. Digital signal processing is now and the future, the possibilities are endless.

Just my opinion - your mileage may vary!

P.S. I really liked the Amigo II - a compadre in disguise - beautiful, light and deadly cute.

Last edited:
What are some of the lightest detectors apart from the deus?

Theres a difference between Light weight and Ergonomic...Light weight to you may not be light weight for me...Ergo is ergo...The Fisher rig I swing, (F70) is designed to be both light weight and Ergo.... the 4 AA batts are up under your elbow so that the overall weight is counterbalanced to the point where you dont even know its there and can swing it all day with no effort, hand held by just a few fingers like a pencil...Unnoticable, like waving your arm around if anything....

Take the other one I use, the AtPro, not a whole lot of difference in weight, but those 4 AA batts are right in the brain box and the thing will flat wear a guys elbow out on account of its poor ergo design/weight distribution...especially for Big dry beach work, (wide swings and few targets)....or on a slope, Anyway, regarding comfort and balance...getting the right length lower rod helps too...you gotta be comfortable or hunts get to be too much effort, painful, and no fun!

Theres a difference between Light weight and Ergonomic...Light weight to you may not be light weight for me...Ergo is ergo...The Fisher rig I swing, (F70) is designed to be both light weight and Ergo.... the 4 AA batts are up under your elbow so that the overall weight is counterbalanced to the point where you dont even know its there and can swing it all day with no effort, hand held by just a few fingers like a pencil...Unnoticable, like waving your arm around if anything....

Take the other one I use, the AtPro, not a whole lot of difference in weight, but those 4 AA batts are right in the brain box and the thing will flat wear a guys elbow out on account of its poor ergo design/weight distribution...especially for Big dry beach work, (wide swings and few targets)....or on a slope, Anyway, regarding comfort and balance...getting the right length lower rod helps too...you gotta be comfortable or hunts get to be too much effort, painful, and no fun!

+1:yes:

Get whatever detector you want, but just make sure that you get a Mojave to go with it. Up to 5 or 6 inches of depth the Mojave will find good coin size targets that a lot of the more expensive detectors can't find. Part of the reason is the concentric search coil. If the Mojave could detect a dime in the ground at say 8 or 9 inches it would be the only detector that you'd probably ever need.

beephead

The Teknetics Patriot (Fisher F70 knock off) Is very small & lite weight and has Large VDI numbers, even Mr. Magoo could Read.

I recently got an AmeriTek Minuteman - it's a Eurotek Pro with an 8" round coil.

Light as a feather - nice pinpoint function and hits an 8" down quarter in my AZ red dirt. It is deeper than my ---- Compadre, Sidewinder, Golden Sabre, - about equal to my Eldorado.

It's a lot of detector for $200. It has good coin ID - but just numerical readout, no markings for nickel, dime, penny, etc.

All in all - I prefer it to my fabled Compadre (I've had 3) or a Sidewinder or an Amigo 2 - all cute, effective - I've had them, but time marches on.

Soldering bits together to build electronic circuits to do analogue signal processing is the past. Digital signal processing is now and the future, the possibilities are endless.

Just my opinion - your mileage may vary!

P.S. I really liked the Amigo II - a compadre in disguise - beautiful, light and deadly cute.
Thanks for information on the Miniteman. Your Arizona soil is bound to be tougher than my Minnesota soil. Teknetics has them available for cheap with a coupon.

I've been very happy with my ET Pro, and the fact that it's now sold under a new name raises the possibilities of old stock being sold at a discount, if you have the patience to wait. For $200, it's a good value - for $150 or less, a screaming deal.

Etp

With the 11dd, would be my choice, had 3, i liked the iron audio , and great depth on a low end machine, large id screen that was pretty accurate to boot, nice bang 4 the buck, Earl

teknetics even cheaper now than the messages above, minuteman $150 and liberator (with ground balance) $200 at teknetics direct (and free shipping).

A1479 code

teknetics even cheaper now than the messages above, minuteman $150 and liberator (with ground balance) $200 at teknetics direct (and free shipping).

A1479 code

+1 for this, I think I may have talked one of our regular library customers back into the hobby when I showed him the Minuteman deal.

Back
Top Bottom