I Found a Loaded Gun in the River!!

PaleoCris

On my latest hunt, I found a Glock 42 handgun sitting on the bottom of the river and filmed the moment of discovery, as well as me talking to authorities in regards to the find...Later, I did a test to see if the gun would still shoot. Given the fact that the serial number of the gun came up clean and it was not reported lost or stolen, and the location it was found, we're thinking it was a tourist afraid of alligators. The magazine was full and a round was in the chamber.

For those who don't want to watch a vid:

3aGZdef.jpg

The loaded Glock 42 handgun.

n1mgElk.jpg

The action cam.

oyzPsaP.jpg

The day's finds.

Thanks for looking!
-PaleoCris

Wow that’s insane

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas special edition.
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring
Total clad 2018 - 45$

I hope that you cleaned that thing before you shot it! Judging by your stance, that wasn't your first time... Just saying bad things happen when shooting dirty guns.

BCD

Nice find! I dare say that if you're right, and it was a tourist afraid of 'gators, then he/she wasn't a very smart tourist. A puny little .380 isn't going to do much to stop a gator.
Oh, and I'm jealous.:p

Roger

Excellent work. I'm curious about the pistol though. Why wouldn't the owner notify the police about losing a pistol? Are the police going to track down the owner and ask him what he was thinking? Don't get me wrong, I own guns and I even carry while detecting...I'm just miffed. Losing a pistol and not reporting it is pretty irresponsible. :shock::?:

Very nice....I'm surprised that the police left it with you. I'm glad they did, but still surprised.

I agree with Dirty Nails...very irresponsible of someone not to report it lost.

Excellent work. I'm curious about the pistol though. Why wouldn't the owner notify the police about losing a pistol? Are the police going to track down the owner and ask him what he was thinking? Don't get me wrong, I own guns and I even carry while detecting...I'm just miffed. Losing a pistol and not reporting it is pretty irresponsible. :shock::?:

It would appear that the old ruse about lising your guns in a boating accident has actually occurred here!

I do agree about it not being reported though. Some states don’t have pistol registration though. And someone may not have wanted to risk being charged with a crime of some sort for failure to secure the weapon. Not a justification, just an idea.

Nice a free Glock 42!!! I bought one this year and still haven't shot it. Good score!

Not sure why they didn't report it lost either to be honest. It was also mentioned the authorities could track them down but I'm not sure that is even possible (or legal I should say). If I understand correctly the only registry isn't a registry which is the background check I'm referring too of course.

Back
Top Bottom