Good sites, but luck eludes me.

Fooleeze

I'm in a rut. I really feel like I'm finding good sites, but while I'm finding interesting old items, I'm not finding much as far as older coins and such. See, I got access to a property in an older part of town, next to some 1920s and 1930s homes, that was rumored to have an old home back in the 1800s. My first four digs at this site got me 3 wheaties around a 200+yr old sycamore tree and a part to a 1920s-1930s Ford. At this point I'm super excited about the property.

Well, those were the only wheaties I found. I found some more interesting items, like parts to a 1950s hubley cap gun/rifle, a small lead bullet, a small old Chevrolet hubcap, and even my first ring! Ooh! Could it be gold? Well. . . no, as it turns out it's a 'lord of the rings' ring, and at best it is gold plated tungsten.

This property is not unlike some of the other properties I've gotten permission on. Finding some very old and interesting items, but not as much as I would hope. My 1850s farm property netted me 1 silver merc and two buttons old. My 1920s school house gave me 1 IHP and 1 War Nickle.

Maybe I'm expecting too much out of properties? I just thought some of these would be more exciting. (Or maybe I'm too late to the party. . . someone has already hit these properties).

IMG_20180805_162305.jpg

IMG_20180805_162503.jpg

IMG_20180805_162344.jpg

Just keep at it. We all have hunted places you just knew that would payout, just to leave discouraged. Keep at it and you will hit it! Happy Hunting

I agree, keep at it and change up what you are doing. Change coil size, slow down your speed, dig iffy signals.

I just had a good day at a spot I've hunted maybe 10 times. It was an 1899 house and I got 1 39 GW there so I just kept going back just sure there was something there and this weekend got 2 Bufs and 2 Indians. (one was my sons)

Back
Top Bottom