Called out of work & got my first CW pistol rounds! (help ID bottle)

EmuDetector

Forum Supporter
I'm starting to notice that when I call out of work I seem to find some better than normal things. Today I went a little ways off from my normal hunting grounds to where an old water tower used to be (using 1946 aerial photos) hoping to finally find some old coins or something. But I ended up with more Civil War stuff! Four 44 cal Colt pistol rounds, six minie balls, and a couple coins (1964 penny, 1974 penny, and 1996 quarter. The pistol rounds are fired and were within about 3ft of each other in the ground around a massive oak tree. If anyone knows the ID on the pint bottle, you'd be a big help!

Can anyone ID the pint bottle? I don't think it's of any relation to the Civ items, but it would be cool to know where it came from.

Last edited:
Congrats on the civ. Should be more around the area. The bottle is forsure not of the same era , as you thought. But still a nice bottle and does have some age to it itself. Nice finds and congrats on the finds.

Thanks! I found online the bottle is from 1940, no clue on the brand or logo thats on the top. I actually have a ton of items recovered from the same general area! Lots of fired ammo and buttons, still no coins or other major items yet.

Back
Top Bottom