• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Pre hurricane ring

DaviDs

Forum Supporter
Waves and rip tides wore me out . After an hour i was exhausted. Targets were sparce. Found a couple of heavy metal hair barrets, a can and whats shown in the photo. Again, no real treasure but always great seeing something that gives you butterflys!
18b9f42fffc1a9e58c9f73d729a7d2b6.jpg

90c5e768459637fbf2b5089c7abf822d.jpg

05b5cd7d97b8211befb886fc6be1c34c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well , you found a couple of items. I like the beach picture you took. Shows what your up against and how difficult it can really be. Sometimes being in the mix where those 2 are at can be very rewarding ...and brutal.

Don't know how anyone can hunt in the water in South Florida.

The waves are rough for most of the year, especially in the winter. There were a few days recently when the water was calm enough to comfortably stand in, but that's a rare occurance and it usually happens when the winds calm down to low single digits.

There are certain water hunters on YouTube that stand in chest-deep water and it's like a swimming pool. It depends on the location I guess.

Well , you found a couple of items. I like the beach picture you took. Shows what your up against and how difficult it can really be. Sometimes being in the mix where those 2 are at can be very rewarding ...and brutal.
Thanks! Yup, right now its much different from hunting in Miami or Clearwater

Don't know how anyone can hunt in the water in South Florida. ... There are certain water hunters on YouTube that stand in chest-deep water and it's like a swimming pool. It depends on the location I guess.
Shoot, I'd love to hunt in those conditions!

It was a tropical storm Dave , not even looking for that up here . Well keep tring you are due of treasure
Thanks! Did you go out after the storm passed?

Dave

Plan on getting out after it passes , coming through here Tomorrow, happy hunting , Earl ps by the time it goes through the Carolina's don't expect it to be to bad here , we will see.

Nice looking ring David. I don't mind finding junk rings anymore since I started selling them.
Don't know how anyone can hunt in the water in South Florida. The waves are rough for most of the year, especially in the winter. There were a few days recently when the water was calm enough to comfortably stand in, but that's a rare occurance and it usually happens when the winds calm down to low single digits.
I look for those windows although sometimes I get there and conditions are rougher than indicated on the surf apps and what I can discern on the beach cams. As long as I don't get slammed too much and have headphones knocked off I'll try to work it.

Back
Top Bottom