Has anyone on here ever found a cache?

I found 46 CW Spencer bullets in one hole. My pouch was pretty heavy walking around the rest of the day.:)

I wouldn't call this a cache, more like a pain in the a$$. Apparently someone dropped two rolls of pennies, I spent over an hour crawling around on my hands and knees with the pin pointer just popping one after another. This was just from one pop of the probe.

5210pile1.jpg

That wouldn't be a pain for me, I love to find things like that...Nice diggin...Curt:grin:

I thought I already replied to this, but I can't find my reply.

I was with my brother cleaning out his late father-in-law's basement when we came across a metal box filled with 117 Morgan and Peace Dollars, Barbers & Mercs.

At the time I only had my old cell phone camera.

2006_0813Image0001.JPG

Silver%20Dollar%20Cache.jpg

My friends son-in-law's dad passed away several months back. Apparently he had been saving up silver coins and buying them from the mint and such. His son has inherited two safes full of coins. My friend figures it's worth about $100,00.00 dollars. There is 6 lbs of silver dimes alone !! :shock:

My friends son-in-law's dad passed away several months back. Apparently he had been saving up silver coins and buying them from the mint and such. His son has inherited two safes full of coins. My friend figures it's worth about $100,00.00 dollars. There is 6 lbs of silver dimes alone !! :shock:

10,000 or 100,000? Either way, awesome score, but at an unforgettable price. :no:

100 K. Staggering huh?
I was trying to see if I could buy some but that kind of fell apart. I don't understand why. He's been selling it to a coin shop.

Last night I found one of my own. I was going through some things looking for something, but instead I found a small bag of coins that I had completely forgotten about. Some I had found detecting, but a few I had traded for. There were eight Indian Head cents, ten 'V' Nickels, four Silver Dimes in rough shape, a Barber quarter, a Standing Liberty quarter, a Missouri Tax Token, and nine Foreign coins. I can't remember all of the things that I've found in over thirty years. There's probably more put up somewhere that I've forgotten about.

Back
Top Bottom