Fools Gold Continue's in 2020

Surf Master

Forum Supporter
Met up with my buddy Jessie today , it was his 1st time detecting , he used my old - now his GT , and my Stavr M-9- now his scoop , he found some change, and a silver earing, and was happy- but he had to rest several times on a 52 block spin, i used my OBN modified Excalibur 800 with-PP, 12x13 Nel tornado coil- with skullies , 1.32 in coin , a tungsten carbide ring , and what i thought again was a gold ring, after looking at it through my 10x eye loop when i got home , i discovered it was junk gold plate , once again very depressing for my 1st- late start hunt, in the season, enjoyed the exercise and all the girls on the beach , a nice day in paradise :tropical: , it was to bad the storm did nothing except maybe bring more sand in , happy hunting.

Attachments

• P1010174.jpg
    P1010174.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 540
Looks like a Good Day out Buddy! And it was beautiful!

Continue the Mission!.......:pirate2:

Out of the 10 OC hunters I know I only heard of one getting Storm gold ............a earring..Been a bleak year for all on the OC MD home front.

Quarters, tungsten carbide, lead- looks like the kind of targets I like when looking for gold. I'll bet you weren't far from it. Still sounds like a fun hunt Earl-! :yes:

Looks better than my last hunt Earl although I'll put up my eye candy versus yours anytime! ;)

Felix

The eye candy was great up here, i guess the Miami thong virus spread up the coast faster than the Corona virus spread down South howboughtit :laughing::thumbsup:

I know i need new glasses but did you say 52 blocks?? At my age three blocks is about all i can handle.

My last beach hunt of 3.5 hours yielded the magnificent sum of 65 cents and a penny.

I know i need new glasses but did you say 52 blocks?? At my age three blocks is about all i can handle.

My last beach hunt of 3.5 hours yielded the magnificent sum of 65 cents and a penny.

Don't sell yourself short George. That's 66 Cents!!!! :lol:!!!

Don't sell yourself short George. That's 66 Cents!!!! :lol:!!!

I do not count pennies. Most of the ones i find at the beach are Felix Pennies and are worthless. On the Dirt i step over them Too danged old to spend my energy digging them.

I only count pennies if they will go thru the coin counter at my credit union. So far i have dumped over 17,000 of them in that machine. My dirt fishing machine rings a copper penny up the same as a dime.

I may be missing something good by leaving the zincolns but so be it.

I agree,... 52 blocks would take me about a week to hunt...

52 blocks would take me about 45 minutes to hunt. With no targets ! About 5 weeks if it was loaded🤣

if you pulled that from salt water, or even fresh, remember that low karat gold will have corrosion that can mimic gold plating, when you look at it.

Just worth a double-check is all!

Cheers, and happy hunting!

52 Blocks

Clarification 26 blocks down low tide, 26 blocks back total 52 blocks, I usually do 60 but my buddy parked it like a dog , so I turned around and headed back , for not going at all yet this year, I was sore the next day , mainly due to the sloped beach, herniated disc take ' s a hit on the slope , if the real gold was thier I would have found it , those Ca, FL hunters are fortunate, slim to none gold here , happy hunting .

Met up with my buddy Jessie today , it was his 1st time detecting , he used my old - now his GT , and my Stavr M-9- now his scoop , he found some change, and a silver earing, and was happy- but he had to rest several times on a 52 block spin, i used my OBN modified Excalibur 800 with-PP, 12x13 Nel tornado coil- with skullies , 1.32 in coin , a tungsten carbide ring , and what i thought again was a gold ring, after looking at it through my 10x eye loop when i got home , i discovered it was junk gold plate , once again very depressing for my 1st- late start hunt, in the season, enjoyed the exercise and all the girls on the beach , a nice day in paradise :tropical: , it was to bad the storm did nothing except maybe bring more sand in , happy hunting.

Someone upstairs is trying to tell you something... How do you like the handle DirtMaster? :yes:

Craig is back! :lol:

We got a preview of what the apocalypse will be like....

No power, no cable, no internet, no telephone, and worst was no cell phone...

124 hours of misery... only good thing was I had a generator so I was able to run the furnace for hot water and cook plus few lights...

Gee

I thought at least his electric would be out a few more day's , i new i couldn't catch a break , he's probally got a generator running his cp :p:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: PS OBN Did you send him up a power pack :?::lol: OH wait a minute i figured everything out , Craig had no power , and Earl finally got a featured thread , with no gold :good: :laughing: Tungsten Carbide must be going up , i got credit for getting out :confetti: Just kidding Craig , glad you got your power back :crying:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom