Automotive?

teotwawki12

Elite Member
Just cleaning some random bits I had dumped in a bucket from fall hunts for whatever reason...since it's frozen outside...

This thing is brass and looks familiar, but I can't place it. Anybody know?

For size reference: My thumb is an average sized male thumb.

**Edit: My goal is to identify some things that were odd enough not to chuck in the scrap bucket and to look into some cold snowy day (future finds)… While posting this I decided to look up that "R-120 Series" thing that's in the background and found it's off of a cool old 50's International pickup truck... So the cleaning was worth it!

Attachments

• KIMG0880.jpg
    KIMG0880.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 233
  • KIMG0881.jpg
    KIMG0881.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 212
  • KIMG0882.jpg
    KIMG0882.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 210
Marine application..brass or bronze..held a rail..the hex was turned to adjust for imperfect alignment of rail sections during installation..maybe had a decorative finial from top..my 2 cents..just a guess

I googled those per your suggestion...can’t find a matching part but maybe? I DO know that I really want a carbide bike lamp now!

It was just a guess. The thread into the decorative flange doesn't look like a gas line could safely run into it with no thread passing through the flange. Many old lamps were pretty sketchy as safety goes, but I don't think they would be as unsafe as your piece would be if used as a lamp.

I've never seen a carbide bike lamp, I did have a carbide cannon as a kid though.

Back
Top Bottom