Chinese detectors?

You can’t be serious. Do you think that you can compete with people selling as you say “all the other good brands”? What country are you in? This better not be your best idea for making a living because if it is your in serious trouble! Get a grip on a better idea, this one could get you hurt depending where you’re at.

of course you can_you do realize some countries outside of the US have a free trade agreement with China, yes? thus making it affordable to compete with the big brands -

You get what you pay for. China makes very good products just like the rest of the world. But when you encounter bargain basement prices from there you will also get a bargain basement product.

And.here is the winner.. you get what you pay for (usually) and if a deal sounds too good to be true it usually is. I see plenty of "those" detectors in the fields and seem to be doing ok. But no idea about depth or disc

Well unfortunately (for the system not the OP) a person can make a living selling off brand China knock offer's, look at the aforementioned Harbor Freight for example. Also look at the imported product in Wally world, too many of us make purchasing decisions based on price not quality,
Unfortunately "those" products are ordered due to the lower sale price and higher profit margin. Country of origin is irrelevant.

Hi.
Most of you are probably using US detectors and XP. But do you know of more reasonable priced Chinese detectors that also have an ok quality? I am interested to know about Chinese detectors in all price classes.
Save up a little extra $$$ and buy a none Chinese machine. You will be glad you did. A Chinese machine will only make you hate a wonderful hobbie.

Unfortunately "those" products are ordered due to the lower sale price and higher profit margin. Country of origin is irrelevant.

I agree, I don't believe any consumer tries to buy China, but when they can save 10-20%, the concern of quality or country of origin go out the door.

I think a good eye opener contest would be that the first person that finds something in Wally World NOT made in China gets to keep it for free!!!:wow:

Anybody remember Sam's slogan "Buy American"??:lol: Reckon the day will come when we dig up a KEEPER just because it says "Made in America"??...:no:

Or how about when Shell gasoline tokens are highly sought after collectables??

And kids think Mark Twain was a train number?? Indeed, the future ain't what it used to be...so yes, one could rightly assume I won't be adding a Guangzhou Laser Mark V to my arsenal anytime soon.

Last edited:
I agree, I don't believe any consumer tries to buy China, but when they can save 10-20%, the concern of quality or country of origin go out the door.
China has the resources, domestic population, and large enough global trade share to pull off huge cost reducing production runs. No other country, except India in some instances, can do what they do.
The quality usually sucks.. but I can guarantee you there is a CEO from the headquarters (usa) as well as several Americans in each of those chinese factories... usually blue collar..

I think a good eye opener contest would be that the first person that finds something in Wally World NOT made in China gets to keep it for free!!!:wow:

Anybody remember Sam's slogan "Buy American"??:lol: Reckon the day will come when we dig up a KEEPER just because it says "Made in America"??...:no:

Or how about when Shell gasoline tokens are highly sought after collectables??

And kids think Mark Twain was a train number?? Indeed, the future ain't what it used to be...so yes, one could rightly assume I won't be adding a Guangzhou Laser Mark V to my arsenal anytime soon.
Ever hear of a guy named milton Friedman? At 22 trillion in debt and counting you should be very VERY afraid to go into Wally world or Sam's and see things made in America.

China has the resources, domestic population, and large enough global trade share to pull off huge cost reducing production runs. No other country, except India in some instances, can do what they do.
The quality usually sucks.. but I can guarantee you there is a CEO from the headquarters (usa) as well as several Americans in each of those chinese factories... usually blue collar..

Very true Beep & Dig, I spent a lot of time in China when it all began in the Shekou/Shenzhen economic zone across the harbor from Hong Kong. It was unbelievable at the speed that buildings, factories, and roads were built.

People building 4 lane highways by hand labor at the time, a world apart from our US perspective for sure and people wonder how they do it? the hard labor and endless hours?? Simple, whether it's India or China or another like "third world" country, when you have nothing to start with? the only way is up.

A young couple in the third world beginning life with a new home and car as so many do here is totally unheard of and impossible. Therefore given even a remote chance to do so provides the impetus and want to to "GET R DONE"!!! and they do.

Shenzen Shekou was Chinas free economic zone experiment used to introduce capitalism apart and away from the Communist mainland. It has worked exceedingly well. Apple? your iPhone? just one example.

Last edited:
Ever hear of a guy named milton Friedman? At 22 trillion in debt and counting you should be very VERY afraid to go into Wally world or Sam's and see things made in America.

Yep...an American guy would get a good idea from reading your posts and maybe experiencing the Asian World at ground level...at sun up..in the freaking village square for the GenPop excersizes...Americans aint got no clue how vastly out numbered and out of shape we are...

Yep...an American guy would get a good idea from reading your posts and maybe experiencing the Asian World at ground level...at sun up..in the freaking village square for the GenPop excersizes...Americans aint got no clue how vastly out numbered and out of shape we are...

Amen Mud, I could also expound on the 7-11 quick mart training compound in New Delhi but that's getting off base. Curious, I once asked a local why there were no seagulls to be seen on the ferry ride across the harbor from Hong Kong to Shenzen??

We eat them, he said.

Last edited:

I was referring to the fact that currency is printed out of thin air and used to buy actual real tangible items from other countries. The day that stops... will be a rude wake up call for a large portion of the population.

Thanks to all good advices. Don't worry, I will not sell junk, and I will not get bankrupt :D

. Curious, I once asked a local why there were no seagulls to be seen on the ferry ride across the harbor from Hong Kong to Shenzen??

We eat them, he said.

We call them Sea-chickens....LOL

"A common seagull would probably taste very gamy - maybe more like fish, if it was from a coastal region and ate more fish than fries." You can see why they might be a popular treat in the Oriental-Asian world

How to cook a seagull, if not prevented by federal law.
https://www.quora.com/Why-dont-humans-eat-seagulls-like-we-do-chicken-or-turkey

Seagull eggs are popular in North Norway - hard boiled. Normally enjoyed with a beer from Europe’s northern most brewery in Tromsø.

2mecz00.jpg

35nas0z.jpg

http://lovelycrinklyedges.blogspot.com/2014/06/seagull-eggs.html

Nope, I would never buy one and give up the hobby if I had to.

and yes, Im sure some of the components are made there.

and on another note.............

Three places I wouldn`t be caught dead in:

WalMart
Harbor Freight
McDonalds

Back
Top Bottom