UPDATED PICTURES: Shark Goes into Feeding Frenzy and Scores the Hat Trick! (with a CARTIER!!!)

Wow Felix! I know that you have had some amazing finds/hunts but that has to rank right up there with the best of them, especially, since it included a return- CONGRATS!!! Yep, Cartier is on my bucket list as well but so is a Rolex...:roll: :yes:

Gosh, look at that clear blue water... Felix, I'm jealous! That Cartier is a bucket lister for sure! Congrats!

PS: here is what North Florida water looks like. Turbid, dark, and murky. Bleh!

Attachments

• bleh.jpg
    bleh.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 98
I had to get a hunt in today since conditions looked to be great. The only thing I didn’t care for was the afternoon low tide at 3:45pm which would mean being out there for the brutal sun. I had planned on going north to a beach I haven’t been to in a while but after seeing the beach cam for South Beach at noon it looked like the winds had picked up and would make hitting that northern beach a no-go since it’s very difficult to work unless conditions are perfect. I got to the beach at 12:45 and had just gotten in the water when I see a regular South beach pirate offshore (UM cap guy) at about 100 yards away heading north. Just then a young woman comes to see me and tells me in accented English that her husband just lost his wedding band. So I follow her about 50 yards south and see what I think his her husband looking in the water with a borrowed mask for his lost ring. :roll: I ask him a few questions and get to work. Within 10 minutes I get good signal amidst the tons of falsing from all the waves and out comes a very nice white gold band. :dingding: My 1st target is a gold ring!! I return the band and find out that they’re from Brazil and TODAY was their 5th wedding anniversary and they had come on vacation with their daughter for a 2nd honeymoon. The man’s name is Renan. His wife (Vanessa)has a cell phone handy and at my request takes a few pictures of her husband and me with the ring return. Needless to say, the man was ecstatic that he got his ring back. I give her my e-mail address so she could send the pictures and left being very happy that I was glad I could help. I felt that my day was made! :yes: However, I had just started and now I felt it was time to find a keeper for me! ;)

Had I realized how wavy and the surf today would be I think I would’ve gone with Merlin but I was already there and there’s nothing I could do but work through all the falsing with the Shark. At about an hour into the hunt, I was at the outer edge of a sand bar, where the waves were breaking and I get a signal. I was slammed a bit here and there and had a hard time getting the target. After about 4-5 scoops I look in and see the yellow… :dingding:. The ring is ugly but it has a ring guard so I knew that was good sign that it would be good. I now head north and at the 2 hour point, I see BlingDigger and motion “thumbs up or down” and she gives me the thumbs down. She motions to me and I give her the :thumbsup:. As I head back south, to get to my starting point, I was working offshore some soft sand areas and get a signal. I scoop up a ring which after quick look I think is a “junk stainless ring with diamonds”. I was amongst a lot of people so I put it in the pouch quickly and kept going. About 20-30 minutes I was in an area with nobody around me and take the ring back out and have a better looksy. What I thought were “diamonds” were the screw marks for a telltale Cartier!!! :dingding: :dancing: I noticed it was heavy and scratched up white gold and some yellow was showing through - a great sign!!! :D I now decide 4 hours was enough and started heading out. At home, I weigh both rings the ugly ring is marked 10K and weighs in at 2.9 grs. The Cartier is 18K and weighs in at 11.3 grs!! :gettinmoney: I was disappointed that the pictures of the ring return didn’t come in my email. :blink: I figured the language barrier and my vision trying to confirm that she got it right didn’t work out. However, I can’t be too disappointed considering the great day I had! :good:

UPDATE: Pictures of the ring return came in late last night! Below are the better ones. I guess the close up of the ring didn't make it but that's OK.

That's awesome Felix! They wear some nice stuff in Miami,,,,,I am stuck with the wanna bees :laughing:another great hunt,,,,bet if you had Merlin that time you spent digging the trash you may have turned it in to a triple,,,,,:shock:GL HH

That's awesome Felix! They wear some nice stuff in Miami,,,,,I am stuck with the wanna bees :laughing:another great hunt,,,,bet if you had Merlin that time you spent digging the trash you may have turned it in to a triple,,,,,:shock:GL HH
It was a triple! ;) There are so few targets on Miami Beach that a pulse is not a bad way to go.

Nice job Felix. Congrats on all the finds and making that couple happy.....:yes: (Weather looks great. It snowed here Sunday. My wife is flying out tomorrow to Siesta Key)

Back
Top Bottom