Nox can't sniff out silver on edge?!

That's weird, you'd have though the high freq side of the multi IQ would have nailed that. I've tried similar but with a much smaller silver hammered on my Signum, no issues with proper ID.
Looks like this has been missed by the engineers, i'm sure they could program a new algorithm to sort it via a download.

Good to know , thanks to bringing it to light! I am going to try putting some coins on partial edge. I just finished up some head to head testing in the wild with the etrac and sef 6x8 vs Nox. I found a substantial amount of coins that nox would not sniff out. Now i am wondering if this edge issue might have played into the equation and failure of the NOX?

Yeah that is weird. Even more strange is that Minelab doesn't appear to be aware of this issue.

Last edited:
Interesting.. A few weeks ago I uploaded a video comparing a signal on the Nox and CTX. The CTX nailed it with both a nice clean tone and proper ID, while the Nox gave a really sketchy signal and ID. The target turned out to be a silver dime. I think this explains it.

It is very hard for any machine to detect a coin on edge, especially ones at depth. Usually, when people find coins truly on edge, it is because there is something else in the ground near it. It isn't a machine design failure. It is the laws of physics that make finding coins on edge very difficult.

Interesting.. A few weeks ago I uploaded a video comparing a signal on the Nox and CTX. The CTX nailed it with both a nice clean tone and proper ID, while the Nox gave a really sketchy signal and ID. The target turned out to be a silver dime. I think this explains it.

Got a link?

We tested some massive gold class rings to see if they hit in the zinc range. Farther out one over thirty grams is an 18. The closer you get the numbers change gradually up to a 24:shock:. So depending how deep it is a zinc penny signal you leave may be a chunk of change. One problem the CTX doesnt have:shock:

Nope, in my well depleted sites, lead washers, lead bag seals, silver cane tops, silver pencil tops, small flat buttons, thin coins etc on edge are all thats left, and i love the challenge.
99% are scratchy, flip flop ferrous/non ferrous, short signals, double high tones, that most folk would walk away from, that's why there still there lol

It is very hard for any machine to detect a coin on edge, especially ones at depth. Usually, when people find coins truly on edge, it is because there is something else in the ground near it. It isn't a machine design failure. It is the laws of physics that make finding coins on edge very difficult.

I heard they're building a super-duper 90 degree shaft to turn the coil on edge, which should solve the issue.
:laughing: bwhahahaah

Check this YouTube video out in regards to silver on edge. Won't give a good ID in multi-iq.
When I get home I'm going to film an identical test. As I mentioned in another thread, I did this with three rings and had ZERO issues.

Check this YouTube video out in regards to silver on edge. Won't give a good ID in multi-iq.

https://youtu.be/3xrQ46EZQdQ
This guy has contacted Minelab and they are trying to figure out the problem. He has 6 videos on the subject, maybe more now. Minelab is having him conduct some further tests. His machine is hitting nickels on edge but not silver coins. It's like the low frequency is not working properly in the multi frequency segment.

Back
Top Bottom