I hope my family appreciates me...

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
:laughing:

Brother and sis coming for a visit this weekend, and staying for a few days.

I just loaded up at the grocery store to the tune of $400 :shock: and still need a few odds and ends.

Biscuits and gravy, omelets, pancakes, breakfast burritos, fresh fish, corn bread, hush puppies, boston butt for the smoker, ribs, chicken, and porterhouses for all, along with me making baked beans, loaded potato salad, corn on the cob on the grille, hot dogs, hamburgers, brats, asparagus, broccoli, brussel sprouts, Atomic Buffalo Turds...I'm sure I forgot a couple things, and got lots of cold beverages on ice already :cool:

Spent the past couple weeks getting things ready around here, so I'm ready to just cook, eat, drink and play some dice/cards. I've 'em last 2 times not to come on the weekends, or holidays because I refuse to take the boat to the lake during those times....so I guess they listened this time :lol:

I'll try to remember to get a few pics of some grub, and on the water if I can remember, and update with them.

Near 90* today, but closer to 80* over the weekend and next week, and 60* for setting around the fire at night.

Some of ya just ain't right! Cough....Gary :laughing::laughing: If they back-out, everyone's invited :p

Spent today prepping....

Rubbed the butt

P5040036.jpg

Baked beans made

P5040037.jpg

Peeled 18 boiled eggs :mad:, made the filling for ABTs, southwest dippin' sauce, rubs (Memphis dust rub and Sweet BBQ rub) and did some last minute cleaning. Oh, and I made sure my redneck yeti was keeping beverages at the proper temp ;)

Tomorrow will be loaded tater salad, waldorf salad, and grilling a couple chicken quarters for chicken salad.

Brother arrives tomorrow and we pick sis up Sunday at airport.

Some of ya just ain't right! Cough....Gary :laughing::laughing: If they back-out, everyone's invited :p

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Hey, that list of vittles could be made into a really neat sounding rhyme ! :laughing:

Video yourself saying the rhyme looking out a window like Grampa Jones did on Hee Haw, then post it on youtube :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Can you please send the address again, I lost it somehow since we last talked :laughing:

Sorry, Brother on his way :p :laughing:

And Sis just called while I was typing this.

Chicken waiting to cool for chicken salad

P5050041.jpg

Loaded tater salad (bacon, green onion, sour cream, shreaded cheddar, little salt & pepper)

P5040035.jpg

7 Later dip (1st time making, shoulda used a deeper dish :shock:)

P5040039.jpg

Well, not much in the way of "after" (cooked), because the food never sat that long :laughing:

We did get out on the lake Monday and Tuesday. Family headed home early this AM. All had a good time, and that's all that matters.

Already looking forward to next time :cool:

P5070036.jpg

P5070035.jpg

P5070037.jpg

Back
Top Bottom