Nox 800 on eBay at msrp

contactgsw

I just saw the first Equinox 800 I've seen on eBay going for the manufacturers suggested retail price of $899, free shipping. As of right now he had two up, one sold. Seems to indicate the shortage will soon be over. Now where are the 6 inch coils?

I just saw the first Equinox 800 I've seen on eBay going for the manufacturers suggested retail price of $899, free shipping. As of right now he had two up, one sold. Seems to indicate the shortage will soon be over. Now where are the 6 inch coils?

And both sold, that quick.

Didn't you hear? The equinox is trash. Nobody even wants them anymore. The demand was just manufactured by minelab hype machine and they have only actually sold a few faulty units. Just look in the classifieds dissatisfied users are giving their equinoxes away.🤣🤣🤣

Meanwhile my 800 is finding lots of goodies in my local parks that have been combed by the best detectors on the market for last 40 years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That seller just lost money after paying the ebay/paypal vig...or at best broke even.

If anyone is in the market for one, i'd suggest signing up for ebay bucks if you haven't already. Wait for the promo to come out for 10% bucks, then buy. You'll essentially end up with an ebay gift card at the end of the quarter.

He seems to be running a pretty nice eBay detector store, with greater than 34k sales. So I assume he is an authorized Minelab dealer.

low prices

You all know with the military discount you can buy delivered an 800 for $765.00 amd a 600 for $553.00. They are not losing money.

Dealers generally do not sell above MSRP, so if this person is a ML dealer, probably doesn't mean anything. But I agree, the rollout hype/shortage probably is coming to an end.

I got my 800 for $825 shipped back in late Feb or the beginning of march from a sponsor here.

If you listen to one member here.

Maybe Minelab should have waited to even tell us about the Equinox line until they had zillions manufactured.

Problem is, where do you store (put such units) until they ship to dealers ?

Yeah, seems a few folks don't see the big pic.

If any model detector (even made by another manufacturer) was as popular as Equinox is when released, I would think we would indeed see the same things we are seeing.
High demand vs units available.

Again if we indeed knew current numbers of Equinox units already sold, some folks would shut up about this issue or have a different opinion.

And this high demand of actual units may be what's driving the rollout of smaller coils too.

Zillion? Somebody seems angry. Shut up? That isn't nice. This is the friendly forum. You should take a break. Take your wonder stick for a walk and have fun. Minelab doesn't need you to defend them. They can pardon themselves.

Last edited:
If you listen to one member here.

Maybe Minelab should have waited to even tell us about the Equinox line until they had zillions manufactured.

Problem is, where do you store (put such units) until they ship to dealers ?

Yeah, seems a few folks don't see the big pic.

If any model detector (even made by another manufacturer) was as popular as Equinox is when released, I would think we would indeed see the same things we are seeing.
High demand vs units available.

Again if we indeed knew current numbers of Equinox units already sold, some folks would shut up about this issue or have a different opinion.

And this high demand of actual units may be what's driving the rollout of smaller coils too.
Some of that isnt making real sense. It's like a friend of mine who owns a large company with fleet vehicles. They decided to start buying those big Dodge work vans. Then the Mechanic found out they didnt even make replacement brake rotors that were going bad.Well all they did was drop the Dodge line. Yeah nobody ever worries about a few small fish. But a few small fish covering an ocean is a lot of clams gone. Seem to remember when the CTX came out and your stock coil went bad you couldnt get a new stock coil for a bit. If you can make a 11" coil why can't you be producing other coils as well at the same time?

Sure it makes sense.

Minelab seems has all hands on deck as far as their facilities (dedicated) to make Equinox units.

I am not defending them.

Just pointing out some things.

Does any manufacturer really know exactly how popular a detector model(s) will be?
Don't think so.

And seems Minelab has allowed cabelas and some others to sell their products.
Do other manufacturers do this?

Folks I think overlook the fact, Equinox in some accounts, how is it being catchy?
Is it detecting forums?
Is it someone gets one and their friend or aquiantance gets to see it or witness its performance.

What about the older folks who detect?
Does the Nox weight appeal to them, hence we have loads of older folks really wanting them?

I think I said back in the spring it would be (my guess) Labor Day this year before the smoke would clear as far as units being less demandful vs stock available.

Notice, not many other models (Newly released) to actually compete with either.

I should also point out, some folks did go the Kellyco route for actually ordering.
They likely sell the most detectors really inside the USA.
But Minelab tried to be fair and let other dealers in the game hence they seem used an allocation system so smaller dealers (volume wise) could,be in the game too. And in doing, the folks using Kellyco have a higher waiting list number.
Folks should try to contact some of the smaller volume dealers and talk to the,may far as getting a Equinox unit.

I still don't see very many malfunctioning units or leaking units being reported by folks. This indicates to me a successful rollout.

Also folks should consider what time of year it is. Beach hunting big time, and folks desiring units to use on summer vacations.

And consider the fact a very big part of the population inside the USA actually lives pretty close to the oceans and beaches.

Equinox is a big hit.
The folks interested in the Equinox was HUGE even before the detector was released.

A gent who has been in the business for 40 years who I have a lot of respect for has stated this too.

I'll bet every other detector manufacturer wish they had Minelab's problem here as far as how popular the Equinox really is.

And one more thing.
This BOOMING economy sure has I think aggravated this high demand vs units available in the USA.
So folks seem have a lot more crumbs in which to buy a metal detector.

Last edited:
Sure it makes sense.

Minelab seems has all hands on deck as far as their facilities (dedicated) to make Equinox units.

I am not defending them.

Just pointing out some things.

Does any manufacturer really know exactly how popular a detector model(s) will be?
Don't think so.

And seems Minelab has allowed cabelas and some others to sell their products.
Do other manufacturers do this?

Folks I think overlook the fact, Equinox in some accounts, how is it being catchy?
Is it detecting forums?
Is it someone gets one and their friend or aquiantance gets to see it or witness its performance.

What about the older folks who detect?
Does the Nox weight appeal to them, hence we have loads of older folks really wanting them?

I think I said back in the spring it would be (my guess) Labor Day this year before the smoke would clear as far as units being less demandful vs stock available.

Notice, not many other models (Newley released) to actually compete with either.

I should also point out, some folks did go the Kellyco route for actually ordering.
They likely sell the most detectors really inside the USA.
But Minelab tried to be fair and let other dealers in the game hence they seem used an allocation system so smaller dealers (volume wise) could,be in the game too. And in doing, the folks using Kellyco have a higher waiting list number.
Folks should try to contact some of the smaller volume dealers and talk to the,may far as getting a Equinox unit.

I still don't see very many malfunctioning units or leaking units being reported by folks. This indicates to me a successful rollout.

Also folks should consider what time of year it is. Beach hunting big time, and folks desiring units to use on summer vacations.

And consider the fact a very big part of the population inside the USA actually lives pretty close to the oceans and beaches.

Equinox is a big hit.
The folks interested in the Equinox was HUGE even before the detector was released.

A gent who has been in the business for 40 years who I have a lot of respect for has stated this too.

Yeah but the Aussies arent taking into account their good winter beach hunting is our krappy sanded in summer hunting where we are looking for fresh drops and need a 15" coil. I got a Nox and am having to switch to my CTX 17" to cover some ground. When winter gets here i wont need the 15" again til next spring:shock:

As far as the big box store. When they were a repair facility and ticked ML off and they wound up dropping them, they wound up getting the scrap surplus of the NOX. You dont tick off MInelab:lol:

Yeah but the Aussies arent taking into account their good winter beach hunting is our krappy sanded in summer hunting where we are looking for fresh drops and need a 15" coil. I got a Nox and am having to switch to my CTX 17" to cover some ground. When winter gets here i wont need the 15" again til next spring:shock:

As far as the big box store. When they were a repair facility and ticked ML off and they wound up dropping them, they wound up getting the scrap surplus of the NOX. You dont tick off MInelab:lol:

The Equinox was actually sold in the USA before it was sold in Aussie.
Actually the Equinox was available in the USA before many other countries.
So Minelab it seems gave huge weight consideration to USA market. Smart move IMO.

As far the Minelab getting their own repair faculty. This was a good move. Doesn't look near as conflicting from the outside. So far seems service provided by this new facility is top nopth from reports I have read.
The reasons behind this, I am not privy too, but seems was the right choice.
There were other higher volume dealers who had higher preorders too besides Kellyco as far as Equinox unit goes.

Cabelas seems does a pretty good job in keeping their sites reflecting actual real time status for Equinox units available.

Minelab's goal I think was to use Equinox to make Minelab more of a house hold name for detector brand. I think it's working too.

Wonder if we take a poll (and get honest results) in say Oct this year.
The poll basically asking the following question.
Is Equinox either model purchased (600 or 800) your first ever Minelab detector bought new?
Wonder what we would see?
I think I know.

Last edited:
The Equinox was actually sold in the USA before it was sold in Aussie.
Actually the Equinox was available in the USA before many other countries.
So Minelab it seems gave huge weight consideration to USA market. Smart move IMO.

So it would make sense we should be able to have aftermarket coils by now. And if we get firsts id say the UK is gonna be P'oed after they wait for coils til 2019:shock:

Some of that isnt making real sense. If you can make a 11" coil why can't you be producing other coils as well at the same time?

That is not how manufacturing works. Every company that has higher than expected initial demand has major issues, including nike, nintendo, apple, etc. Why? You can't predict demand and you can't set up a factory to produce 10 million units a month if you can't sustain that or even sell the first 10 mill. Companies would go bankrupt left and right if they tried to do that. Adding new products when you cant meet demand for a current one would be really bad business.

That is not how manufacturing works. Every company that has higher than expected initial demand has major issues, including nike, nintendo, apple, etc. Why? You can't predict demand and you can't set up a factory to produce 10 million units a month if you can't sustain that or even sell the first 10 mill. Companies would go bankrupt left and right if they tried to do that. Adding new products when you cant meet demand for a current one would be really bad business.

Bingo.
Perfect sense post here.
Hind sight is usually closer to 20/20.

So a manufacturer could indeed train more people, get more square footage facilities for assembly. And indeed assemble more units.
Wonder what happens if they make more units that turn out to be (dud sales) numbers wise?
Then what.
Does this sound like good business practice?

Don't need marketing degree to figur this out. Lol

So a delicate balqncing act must be performed based on data.
Not easy to do either.
What the experts get paid for though.
Some are more successful than others though.

Unknowns can crop up and blow a good plan out of the water.
And actual profits made per unit sold if lower, this potion here to be successful is even more critical to get right.

Granted detector manufacturers indeed want satisfied customers.
They also want satisfied money fronters and or stock holders.
So dual satisfaction is the goal.

Does anyone think other manufacturers are not watching the Equinox (and Minelab's actions) ?
They would be fools not to.
And don't take this wrong.
Minelab is too indeed watching what other manufacturers do too.

A little topic/story here off topic but I think a lesson can be learned here by detector manufacturers.

Crossbows.
There is a new company in USA that has taken a large portion of the industry by storm.
Call Ravin.
How did they do it?
Really not complicated, and surprising to me is just basic mechanics and physics involved in order to get a smaller frame bow yet be able to achieve top notch speed and power.

So even after just one year of dominating the higher priced/performing speed wise cross bows, another company (older) stepped up in short order and made a similar looking (yet it doesn't incorporate) the same tech- help coil. So this older manufacturer evidently got the day lights scared out of them and did something.

So my advice to manufacturers, don't overlook the obvious. Some thing what some may consider insignificant could indeed be put into action and this new whatever could turn out to be a grand success.

We have seen some ideas first developed by certain manufacturer(s) and others have caught on.

Lots of folks here are sharp and can offer some grand ideas for detector manufactuers to consider.

The manufacturers are reading detecting forums too.

We are talking China here. You can send them a Bicycle design and have it manufactured in a couple weeks.

Back
Top Bottom