Sunken Ship With 130 Million in Gold!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
A neat article I came across.

Check out this article from USA TODAY: A sunken ship could hold $130 million in Nazi gold. But who gets it?

https://usat.ly/2vSWj3F

That water is a little too chilly for this southern bell. But that would be a life changing find for sure.

I hate to admit it, but if I were to find a box with ~130 million in precious metals, that sucker would be coming home with me, (piece by piece if need be) and I wouldn't tell a soul :laughing:

that water is a little too chilly for this southern bell. But that would be a life changing find for sure.

I hate to admit it, but if i were to find a box with ~130 million in precious metals, that sucker would be coming home with me, (piece by piece if need be) and i wouldn't tell a soul :laughing:

exactly!!!!!!

To answer your question of 'who gets it?'...Gold right?....The consensus majority of this Piratical Waterbaby Forum: "If I finds It, I Gets it"...:laughing:

Attachments

• daffy.jpg
    daffy.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 203
... But who gets it?

We've seen what happened to treasure hunters that found loot in international waters :mad: but I believe since this is still within Iceland's property line (so to speak), my bet is they'll follow in the footsteps of Florida. They'll take a hefty cut and then let the treasure ship have it.

I like the Daffy Cartoon :) But what really trips me out is how long some governments sit on this information. IMO the longer it goes, the more people that know about it, and the more chance it will be looted. I guess no government really moves very fast though...even with 130 million in gold at stake :shock::yes::D

.... I hate to admit it, but if I were to find a box with ~130 million in precious metals, that sucker would be coming home with me, (piece by piece if need be) and I wouldn't tell a soul :laughing:

Huh ? Then you obviously haven't read the md'rs code of ethics. Which clearly says to "know and obey all laws". Tsk tsk , Repent.

The correct action for the person who finds this is: To box it all up and send it to me. I will make sure it gets to the correct authorities. Thus absolving your conscience of all guilt.

No, don't thank me .... it's the least I can do for dear metal detecting brethren like yourselves. :cool:

I have said this before whenever this type of topic comes around - There should be a worldwide maritime law that any ships, treasures, property, etc. lost at sea should have a statute of limitations as to a country's laying claim to it. Say anything that's been in the water unclaimed for 100 years or more belongs to 100% to the finder. :yes:

I have said this before whenever this type of topic comes around - There should be a worldwide maritime law that any ships, treasures, property, etc. lost at sea should have a statute of limitations as to a country's laying claim to it. Say anything that's been in the water unclaimed for 100 years or more belongs to 100% to the finder. :yes:

I agree. If not, iceland has to give it to Germany who should give it to whoever they likely stole it from, and then what....we'll hear some story of a slave family that mined the gold ore and it will go to their country. Drama drama.... I'm all for the statute of limitations

Back
Top Bottom