A few keepers

Steve

Forum Supporter
Found a small spot that opens up seasonally. It will close back up in about 2 weeks. Hit the spot a couple nights ago with the tdi sl and nailed a few oz of silver and a couple gold. I know there are honkers there down deep. Took the atx last night. While still learning it it is definitely deeper by a large margin. No gold honkers within reach yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170725-092817.jpg
    Screenshot_20170725-092817.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 212
24k is gone within hours. Rarely do I find honkers during this season. Old 1s are under 4ft of sand or so. New 1s drop down to that level the same day or the next

Is there a hard bottom?

Is there a hard bottom?

Somewhere down there. It was far out with a thick mud bottom. If I remember correctly another 2ft will be coming off over the next couple weeks.
The other end of the beach i was listening for whispers under fist sized rocks. Pulled out 1 last week (not little). The main swimming spot has 2 new hunters that are under the impression that they own the beach.... let them keep thinking that

Congrats on the gold. Ive been working in 2-3 foot waves here getting my butt kicked for dimes but your shaft is holding up great!

Congrats on the gold. Ive been working in 2-3 foot waves here getting my butt kicked for dimes but your shaft is holding up great!

I've been waiting weeks for any type of wave. Who would have thought the Pacific Ocean would be pancake flat all of July.
Good to hear about the shaft. Did you do the mod yet? I will make some more in the fall but only for 1 or 2 types of detectors.

Which shaft did you get?

I've been waiting weeks for any type of wave. Who would have thought the Pacific Ocean would be pancake flat all of July.
Good to hear about the shaft. Did you do the mod yet? I will make some more in the fall but only for 1 or 2 types of detectors.
Congrats on the gold Steve! Also, you gotta look into making a moddel shaft for the CTX....a thin one that slices through the water. $0.02

Which shaft did you get?

Congrats on the gold Steve! Also, you gotta look into making a moddel shaft for the CTX....a thin one that slices through the water. $0.02
Thanks Dave. If would have to get my hands on 1 and dismantle the shaft. Then make conversion parts, mold injections, etc. It would be a $5k investment.
I made a bunch of different models last year. I will probably be making excal, cz, whites in a month or 2.

Back
Top Bottom