Prayed for quota but had a ball

leslie(nova scotia)

Elite Member
From the land of the Bluenose.....well me son I paid the price for the aquatic excavation the other day as I have swimmer's itch welts from just above the knees to my toes. Small price to pay for the enjoyment of a swish.

Was watching an episode of Enterprise with these blue bouys with feelers on their heads and it reminded me of my situation when he (blue guy) said, " I don't trust you pink skins!" Must have been talking about me as I am covered big time with calamine lotion to thwart off the itch.

Had the day off so went to headquarters and collected my golf prize. Asked Shara if it was for finding the most golf balls but she was a cool cucumber and stated that it was a random draw out of a hat. Took the golf balls, hat and sunglasses without a word! Paid my dues for the banquet and left to go a digging.

Decided to cross the A. Murray McKay Bridge for some easy swinging.
P2290004.jpg

From there I hit a spot that one could do a combo dig....but not this bouy and so I dug the dew.
P2290007.jpg

Picked up some coins and a pair of specs which must be a sign that I need new ones...that is the start of a weird streak..2 digs 2 sets of glasses!
P2290014.jpg

Of course saw some strange looking dudes on the side of a hydro box on the way to my next spot!
P2280002.jpg

Had done this park/playground on many occasions and it still produces.
P2290010.jpg

Had a ball here...actually found three here!
P2290011.jpg

Of course no outing is complete without finding a ring albeit an ugly one made of something other then gold or silver. Not sure what the crest is but I did do my damnest to disfigure it with me digging knife!
P2290015.jpg

Take for the day was 2 keys,a button,Knights of Columbus Prayer Beads and 67 coins @$13.29
P2290018.jpg

Hey Les, here's a piece of advise to stop swimmers itch in the future. When you get out of the water be sure to towel off the dampness right away. Staying wet they don't dig. It's when the moisture starts naturally evaporating that those little buggers go looking to burrow into your skin...

Sound like a real fun day and some great finds at the end . Sorry about the itch problem hope it gets better real soon . HH Harold

Hey nice ring, I've got a tattoo of a trinity on my hip (what the crest is, stands for Father, Son and Holy Spirit). Was thought up by the Roman monks to help the Celts understand Christianity, since they were used to having symbols to represent their gods. I've also seen it on remnants of some old Norse ships and weaponry though.

Nice finds Les!! But what the heck you got in your water up there??!!?:shock: Never heard of "Swimmer's Itch", sounds like some kind of parasite?!?

Nice finds Les!! But what the heck you got in your water up there??!!?:shock: Never heard of "Swimmer's Itch", sounds like some kind of parasite?!?

Yes, a burrowing parasite. Kinda' a interesting bug, and nothing that lasts long, is not serious, but sure is irritating. My wife got this during a week long visit to Northern Wisconsin this Summer. One day she was walking along the lake shore about shin high in water, around some regular ol' lake muck. The next morning she wakes up and thinks she had the provincial ladies "spider bite" :roll: along that same area of her shins. She wouldn't believe me that is was swimmers itch, but we all know better... :yes: Lemme' tell ya, those things left a mark! Many a mark to be accurate! Plagued her for the next 7 days!

Check this: Wikipedia - Swimmer's Itch

Looks like some nice finds but i think you should know the owner of those specs is vice president elect Palin. Please give those back to her. She will need them to see how to get gas prices back down if she and McCain are elected. Have a great day!

Back
Top Bottom