• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Koss Headphones????

strack350

Where can I find Koss UR-30 headphones at??? I hunt with an xterra 50 and the phones that came with it are killing my ears. Like my head is in a vice :shock: The Koss phones look comfortable, and In my experience they are of decent quality. Any opinions??

Don't go with Koss... I have them and had the same problem as you did and the Koss are worse, my ears ache after an hour with the Koss gold phones.

In fact I just ordered headphones from TonyCT on the board for Grey Ghosts, they are very comfortable and excellant quality.

Grey Ghost as well (Originals). I only used the Koss that came with my Exp. II until the seperate package with the Ghosts arrived. I will also be getting the waterproof Ghosts.

Thanks for all the input. I purchased my xterra from tonyct in feb or march of this year and he is a great guy to deal with. I just looked at his site and was wondering the difference between the jolly roger, and gray ghost original headphones. They look the same, the jolly roger has a broader frequency range, but les OHMs'. I've messed around with car speakers and know that the OHM of the speaker has to match the ohm of the stereo for optimum sound. Is this true in detectors? and if so what is the ohm outputs for minelab detectors, specifically xterra-50s thanks again. :grin:

60-100 ohms seems to work best with the X-terra. Grey Ghost or Troy phones work fine.
Ratphones are 270 ohms so you get a slight background hum, the way round that is to order the Sovereign modified Rats which is supposed to provide the best audio of all but no one I know has the modified Ratphones so I would find a Minelab specific forum and ask if anyone has tried them out.

Back
Top Bottom