I'm Back to Start Cleaning Up The Pennies!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I got back yesterday from my over month long hike in Spain. :thumbsup: I hiked approximately 850 kilometers (528 miles) on the Camino del Norte over 31 days. This experience was unbelievably beautiful but also much more difficult than my 2 other French Caminos. I lost 10 pounds which I'm sure I'll keep off just like I have on my 2 other Caminos. :yes: I will not post a picture of my feet as the moderators will probably have it removed. :yikes: Let's just say they're shredded and not pretty. I think I will lose at least 2 toe nails. (You guys thought my fingers were bad!) I'm looking forward to getting back out there hopefully tomorrow and start some salt therapy on my feet with maybe a gold or 2 to start funding my next trip! ;)

Attachments

• Spain1  (1).jpg
    Spain1 (1).jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 167
  • Spain1  (2).jpg
    Spain1 (2).jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 162
  • Spain1  (3).jpg
    Spain1 (3).jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 164
  • Spain1  (4).jpg
    Spain1 (4).jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 174
  • Spain1  (5).jpg
    Spain1 (5).jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 175
Beautiful Pics!! I admire your dedication to completing three hikes. As a Boy Scout in the late 60s I did one week/ @100 miles on the Appalachian Trail. Yeah, I got blisters. Welcome Back.
DL

Your a better man than I am... I'd rather fly than walk. I had enough of the walking thing after 24 yrs in the military. Looking forward to your Pennies Posting. Welcome back

Wow! What an epic hike! I've only done short (3 or 4 day) pieces of some of those grand hikes in europe but they were certainly amazing. Hopefully the feet will recover. I'm heading out tomorrow to backpack for a week in the "Japanese Alps" before summer break ends. This time last year we were in the actual Alps, so i'll have to see how these compare.

Congratulations on your adventure! Also, thanks for sharing it with us! Livin' Life! Now, get out there and clean up those pennies!:laughing:

Were you wearing sandals or going barefoot or what? I sure would like to see your feet! They would certainly lend a descriptive idea of the effort that kind of hike is....They probably look like a Mt Everest Sherpas?

Last edited:
Welcome back! Oh how I envy you in many ways. I used to love to hike especially in the NC mountains. Exploring waterfalls was my favorite. But 21 years ago I got pregnant with my son and with some woman your hips get out of alignment and after the pregnancy you experience intense hip pain after standing a few hours. Walking can be painful after just 2 hours. As far as I know there's no fixing it unless its surgical and heck no to that! Needless to say no more hiking. Hope the feet heal soon!

Back
Top Bottom