Date with a 109 year old lady

leslie(nova scotia)

Elite Member
From the land of the Bluenose.....my injured thumb was throbbing bigtime so I invited the Bud's over to help relief the pain but only managed to displace the throbbing to my head. Thought that a better cure would be to go digging so away I went after loading u on Tim's.

After 50 minutes of penny popping at a local playing field i decided that I would become a mountain goat and headed to the Dingle for a chance at finding a few oldies. Going slower than a snail I unearthed a toasty thistle token (circa 1840) and an 1899 Vickie fishscale that had seen better days. Enough was enough so I meandered home and hit the sack at 1830 hrs. Take for the day was 63 coins @ $9.16 including the two oldies.
P3050017.jpg

For those that might have missed a previous post showing the Dingle aka Sir Stanford Fleming park here is a photo tour.

The Dingle Tower which affords a great view from up top of the Northwest Arm.
P3050013.jpg

The gazeebo for picnics and outdoors concerts.
P3050012.jpg

Looking south from the playground area.
P3050005.jpg

View from the beach area going east.
P3050007.jpg

Ship murlas on the canteen.
P3050010.jpg

P3050011.jpg

Nice hunt'n Les! Those oldies are cool. Great pictures - as usual.

Hope that thumb gets better soon. Bet the doctor would like to see it. He might even cast it for you. Could get you a bunch of plane-sitter duty at work. :cool:

Good haul of coins there Leslie. That looks a lovely location too, especially with not too many people around.
What is the two tone coin centre/right ? It looks similar to a £2 coin we used to have.

Back
Top Bottom