Been playing in a hay field near home...

PhilB

Elite Member
I discovered a hay field a mile from my home that according to my plat maps had a house on it in 1874. I've made a couple of trips there and found a few keepers and lots of whats its. This place is loaded with iron, everything from horseshoes to nails and I can only use small coils without suffering from bad masking. So far the MXT and 4x6 coil has worked best with the F70 and 6in coil a close runner-up. Here are my keepers so far.

silverring.jpg

largecent.jpg

broach.jpg

P8310002.jpg

tokenobv.jpg

tokenrev.jpg

I can only read the last digit of the date on the large cent, the ring is sterling and fairly large, the pendant is probably brass but I thought is was unusual, the dime I found on the way to the car and I have no idea where the cigar store was located.LOL

Not many hay fields around me Tater...

You rule Phil!! See those hay fields and your maps are a deadly combination!

I'll have a lot more sites when they pick the corn and soybeans. I still plan on having you and your son go with me to one of the field sites. The one on 300west had a home and a school both but I don't remember if they were on the 1865 or the 1874 maps. That would be closer to you and if it doesn't pay off for us I already have permission to hunt another bean field on 200 east. There is also a home site in the cornfield next to my house that dates back to at least 1865. I'm not sure which will get harvested first but as soon as a field is cleaned off I'll email you or give you a call so we can get together for a hunt. We may have to make your boy detect with one hand tied behind his back to make it fair though.LOL

very nice! ive got a few fields scouted out for this fall,just waiting for them to harvest the crops. one im really excited about,had hay in it early and i was able to detect a small road that went through it and found some neat stuff,went back out there a month later and they had beans planted in it...be another month or so before the beans are out.

Back
Top Bottom