Combo Century with a View

leslie(nova scotia)

Elite Member
From the land of the Bluenose.....the alarm did not go off but this bouy did awaken and did the three "S's" and got dressed for work.............um! Lord love a duck it was my day off. Losing it here big time.

Was up and stayed up making coffee and thinking where to go a digging. After Tim's with Marie I dropped her off and went to change into proper digging attire. Son of a see horse that must have been a site as I had my old faded Garrett hat with the green lettering, black crocs, a 3/4 black and blue wet suit covered with a military camo jacket........real trend setter hey!

Water was cool but the view was great and coins started coming my way as soon as I entered.
P2280037.jpg

Wasn't long before I got a slight chill but with the aid of this find I was able to see where I was going!
P2280042.jpg

Next water spot had a now familar sign but what the halibut have all fall and winter to recover!
P2270026.jpg

Was shooting for a century (100 coins) and the combo dig took a little over 3 hours to complete with travel time.

Take for the day was 2 keys, a pulley, Britcoin, Argentine coin, 1968 dime (1/2 silver) and 118 coins @$22.57
P2280045.jpg

The real treat however was a drive we took the other day scouting for new spots to hunt. Enjoy the photo tour of our day.

A long way down to the cold Atlantic!
P2240010.jpg

The old military lookout.
P2240012.jpg

The Lighthouse standing guard over the harbour.
P2240015.jpg

A quiet time in a fishing village.
P2240007.jpg

A Pirate's den?
P2240003.jpg

The Boss and no not Springstein.
P2240014.jpg

Marie gets behind the camera for the sunset.
P2270034.jpg

Those coin totals still get me green with envy. I dug 78 coins last Saturday and they added up to $4.79. That, as well as those wide-open spaces make me want to move up there.

Kind of odd about the bacteria levels. Is that from bird droppings? (They blame it on bird droppings here in chicago, but it seems to happen most often after a crowded day at the beach. :shock:)

You still guarding the plane?

HH

Rich

Thanks for the pictures and the mini documentary.

I would love to visit there sometime.

Back
Top Bottom