• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Problem with New Nox 600

SoOregonMd

Elite Member
I am trying to change the volume setting and tones and it is not advancing to the next tone

example

I press the settings button to get to Volume
Hold button for 2 seconds to bring in to advanced
adjust volume for T1
hit accept/reject button to advance to T2

nothing happens.. does not advance to T2 and beyond.

Same happens when adjusting to Tone Pitch.

any thoughts or does this have to go back to Minelab?

btw I did try a factory reset..

I am trying to change the volume setting and tones and it is not advancing to the next tone

example

adjust volume for T1

See page 43 this link.
600 model only allows for ferrous tones adjustment.
https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/326548/4901-0249-1 Inst. Manual, EQUINOX 600 800 EN.pdf

Adjusting Tone Volume
1. Use the Settings button to navigate to the Volume Adjust setting in the Settings Menu.
2. Press and hold the Settings button for 2 seconds. A line will appear beneath the icon indicating
that the Tone Volume Advanced Setting has been selected.
3. The Frequency Display will indicate the Tone Region that is currently selected (e.g. t1) and the Tone
Region segments on the Discrimination Scale will be on. Press the Minus (–) or Plus (+) buttons to
adjust the volume of the selected Tone Region.
4. Press the Accept/Reject button again to advance to the next Tone Region (i.e. t2). 1, 2, or 5 Tone
Regions can be adjusted depending on the selected Target Tone setting.
Only the ferrous tone (t1) can be adjusted on the EQUINOX 600.
5. Repeat until all Tone Regions have been adjusted.
6. A long press of the Settings button will return you to the Volume Adjust setting.

Sorry, y'all are too quick ..hahahah

example

adjust volume for T1

I think you are trying to make some changes that are only available on the NOX 800. I just got my new 800 on Sat. and have not even put it together yet as it's pouring rain here all day. When you got the detector you should have the small pamphlet enclosed. The adjustments in the right side of the detector settings menu are marked advanced settings only for the 800. You need the full manual and can download it on the Minelab web site. With my 600, I use Park 1 or Park 2 and the five tones. I do adjust sens. and volume but can't do all you are trying to do on my 600 ???? Hope some others have more input for you. Check some of the video online, may help you ??

See page 43 this link.
600 model only allows for ferrous tones adjustment.
https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/326548/4901-0249-1 Inst. Manual, EQUINOX 600 800 EN.pdf

And this is one of the reasons I'm having such a hard time choosing between the 600 and the 800. Is it worth the extra money for the 800 to be able to adjust all the tones? Plus having the additional frequencies? I'm torn.
I'm sure there is a thread already for this question specifically but I haven't found it so if anybody has a link I'd appreciate it.

And this is one of the reasons I'm having such a hard time choosing between the 600 and the 800. Is it worth the extra money for the 800 to be able to adjust all the tones? Plus having the additional frequencies? I'm torn.
I'm sure there is a thread already for this question specifically but I haven't found it so if anybody has a link I'd appreciate it.

Well, I don’t have 600 model instead 800 model.
If budget allows I recommend 800 model.
Why
A few reasons.
If you hunt nuggets.
If you would like to run a regular full pair of headphone wireless using single steam module the 800 is the one.

You can set high tone anywhere you desire with 800 model. Like a nickle window.
You could beach hunt with 800 model and turn off high conductive tone region, then dig only mid and lower conductors in search of gold and platinum.
You can do what I call a silent search using 800. Meaning rathe r than use disc, you can set tones to zero, so no tone whatsoever is provided. This can let Nox run smoother reporting on some scenarios.
800 model is better in heavier iron. Speeds of 7 and 8 gives user some added capability not had on 600 unit.
Relic hunters this really can help you believe me. Coins hunters toohunting pounded. sites.
Note hunting, the backlight is better option vs what it on 600 unit.
The 800 unit definitley can be tailored more for the user.
Modern trash hunting using 5 tones, 800 unit better unit vs 600.
For the utmost separation and unmasking the gold modes on the 800 unit are there not so with 600 unit. Again relic hunters this is a weapon to have in the field.
Manual noise cancel ismthere with 800, I haven’t run into a situation where I neededor thogutn I needed it.

It is your decision totally.
All I can do is post my deep down honest thoughts on the 800 unit vs the 600 unit based on my actual use of 800 model.

If you decide to get the small 6”coil, again the bonus features the 800 gives a purchaser are tremendous in my book.
User can set up 800 unit and hunt more by ear as they swing this lightning fast detector through polluted sites.

With a 600 unit you will not be as assured of exactly what’s under your coil. Odds wise.

Good luck.

Well, I don’t have 600 model instead 800 model.
If budget allows I recommend 800 model.
Why
A few reasons.
If you hunt nuggets.
If you would like to run a regular full pair of headphone wireless using single steam module the 800 is the one.

You can set high tone anywhere you desire with 800 model. Like a nickle window.
You could beach hunt with 800 model and turn off high conductive tone region, then dig only mid and lower conductors in search of gold and platinum.
You can do what I call a silent search using 800. Meaning rathe r than use disc, you can set tones to zero, so no tone whatsoever is provided. This can let Nox run smoother reporting on some scenarios.
800 model is better in heavier iron. Speeds of 7 and 8 gives user some added capability not had on 600 unit.
Relic hunters this really can help you believe me. Coins hunters toohunting pounded. sites.
Note hunting, the backlight is better option vs what it on 600 unit.
The 800 unit definitley can be tailored more for the user.
Modern trash hunting using 5 tones, 800 unit better unit vs 600.
For the utmost separation and unmasking the gold modes on the 800 unit are there not so with 600 unit. Again relic hunters this is a weapon to have in the field.
Manual noise cancel ismthere with 800, I haven’t run into a situation where I neededor thogutn I needed it.

It is your decision totally.
All I can do is post my deep down honest thoughts on the 800 unit vs the 600 unit based on my actual use of 800 model.

If you decide to get the small 6”coil, again the bonus features the 800 gives a purchaser are tremendous in my book.
User can set up 800 unit and hunt more by ear as they swing this lightning fast detector through polluted sites.

With a 600 unit you will not be as assured of exactly what’s under your coil. Odds wise.

Good luck.
Great info tnsharpshooter, thanks!

You are welcomed.

In hot weather, an 800 user can use those Sony Walkman style headphones by plugging into wireless module.
User can also put the wirelsss module in plastic bag when raining or s snowing and run their headphones. Even waterproof earbuds.
Naturally waterproof headphones are available so if you have a 600 unit you would be tethered to the unit.

Lots of different combos in which to run the 800 headphone, or ear bud wise.

If your 800s wireless went dead or broke, you are still in the game and still not tethered to unit if you desire. Just have a set of ear buds, smaller headlines or regular headphones. You will neeed an adapter to run regular headphone swith big jack though.

The 600 unit if bought will pair blue tooth devices like ear buds, etc.

If a user decides on a 600 unit and then later wants the wi stream module. Look out, they are pricey even used.

Technically you dont really need the ability to adjust the tones , thats just to dial it in more to your personal preferences if you choose to. Nice to have that ability but there is no guarantee you would ever even do that , a person might find its good the way it is. The extra frequencies could also be useful to some but if you dont do gold prospecting they would go unused most of the time , so not a real issue. The extra abilities of the 800 would make it worth paying a little more for if you have the budget for that but you dont really miss out on all that much by opting for the 600 instead. It is more than capable itself in most situations. Get the 800 if you can , but either one is a good choice.

Technically you dont really need the ability to adjust the tones , thats just to dial it in more to your personal preferences if you choose to. Nice to have that ability but there is no guarantee you would ever even do that , a person might find its good the way it is. The extra frequencies could also be useful to some but if you dont do gold prospecting they would go unused most of the time , so not a real issue. The extra abilities of the 800 would make it worth paying a little more for if you have the budget for that but you dont really miss out on all that much by opting for the 600 instead. It is more than capable itself in most situations. Get the 800 if you can , but either one is a good choice.
Thanks ohiochris...I see you have an AT Pro and the nox 600. I'd be going from the Pro to the Nox as well. In your experience with both, would you advise me going from the AT Pro to the Nox? Is it a better machine? I'm not expecting miracles, but I feel like I may be missing targets with the Pro that I might not with the Nox.

Good luck.

The 600 is plenty fast. Fast enough that most of the time this part of your last reply isnt necessarily true even in some of the trashiest sites. More speed would be better , but even at 600 speed you can usually be just as assured of whats under the coil odds wise. Just saying your statement kind of assumes the 600 lacks the " necessary " speed and thats usually not the case.

Back
Top Bottom