Recommendation: Best skeeter dope

TrailDuster

What's the best bug juice you have used?

Haven't found one yet that scares'em all off.

Today my old faithful just wasn't cutting it against a new foe I haven't encountered before. A Flesh Fly and they sting like a friggin needle even through my T Shirt.

Are you in NY ? I did a early morning low tide hut and the bugs where so bad I had to stop. When the bugs bit me I went under water and they would not let go!

I had on Deep Woods and that was no help. If you find something let me know!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Hands down the best on the market and I’ve tried them all. No smell to it and a little goes a long way. Your search has ended thank me later! Make sure you get the lotion though.

Attachments

• 76F13A8E-49D2-41E7-B824-0D7B97556613.jpg
    76F13A8E-49D2-41E7-B824-0D7B97556613.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 140
Will give it a shot. Thanks.

Yes to NY. And you're right they are persistent little f'ers. Even followed me into the car.

The answer is Deet. Others may work but not as well as Deet. Science, ya know.

I did field work on Alaska's North Slope in summer and you could tell when the bug juice needed refreshing by how close the cloud of mosquitos were to your face. You always walked around in a cloud of bugs; how close they got was = to how recently you applied the Deet. Guys trying other chemicals always changed to Deet at the first op and were bugging the rest of us for some until then.

Muskol with 100% DEET has always been the best for me. In heavy bug attack situations, you have to reapply whatever bug dope ya got eventually.

I'll have to try that Sawyer stuff sometime.

This year has been brutal, ill spray that juice right in the skeeters face and he will keep coming :laughing: I have a bottle of spray sawyers, for your clothes, but in the heat of the summer, pants can get to be too much. Ill have to try that lotion.

I live on a river and the Lil blood sucking spawn of Satans get so thick you could chew your way through them. I can hit the sawyers lotion and do yard work shirtless drinking a beer and laughing at them! It’s NO JOKE! That’s coming from a 100% deet type of guy. Everyone I’ve had use it is a believer and won’t use anything else.

Ben's 100, Muskol, anything with 95% or greater deet content..

Beware, it will screw up eye glasses, anything with paint, it will melt most plastics..

<°)))>{

I don’t know what’s going on, but thankfully there’s been no ‘skeetos here for the last couple years...and I work outside, a lineman. Some years the bugs have been terrible.

I discovered Picaridin this year. I hunt ALL the time and hunt a lot around water like CC. I used to get 40% Deet...they kept coming. 60%...nope. 80%...100%...kept coming. Found Picaridin and they will NOT touch me. It doesn’t mess up plastics or screens. I’m 230 lbs and sweat like a faucet when it gets above a certain temperature,which it’s been above that all year! I use the spray version,which can be found at some convenience stores(Casey’s around here) and at Walmart in the camping section.

Back
Top Bottom