Antique Fishing Tackle

Before I got into metal detecting I spent almost every week-end fishing and camping. I once had an old entirely solid brass bait casting fishing reel. Some where over the years it was stolen. I don't know what it would be worth today. I have never seen another one like it.

Before I got into metal detecting I spent almost every week-end fishing and camping. I once had an old entirely solid brass bait casting fishing reel. Some where over the years it was stolen. I don't know what it would be worth today. I have never seen another one like it.

Many of the old reels were brass, plated over, . I have seen many polished to the point they are just shiny brass, all the plating is gone. A lot of the older, nicer reels were Silver (German Silver) plated.

I find a lot of old reels and wood lures underwater. Unfortunately on the brass reels the plating is gone and the paint is gone off the lures. I have a few very old spoons though.

Some of those old wood lures would have been worth a pretty penny if they had been original and in mint condition. The Hansen life-like minnow was only made in 1908 and 1909, hand crafted in Detroit and sold for a dollar. I was told it is one of the rarest lures to get a hold of.

http://www.antiquefishinglures.com/hansen.htm

I find a lot of old reels and wood lures underwater. Unfortunately on the brass reels the plating is gone and the paint is gone off the lures. I have a few very old spoons though.

Some of those old wood lures would have been worth a pretty penny if they had been original and in mint condition. The Hansen life-like minnow was only made in 1908 and 1909, hand crafted in Detroit and sold for a dollar. I was told it is one of the rarest lures to get a hold of.

http://www.antiquefishinglures.com/hansen.htm

Nice collection of lures and yes, That Hansen is RARE RARE , I would like to have it in any conditions. If all those lures were in at least good shape, there would be thousands of dollars in lures right there. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom