Introducing:Myself

Collin1776

Hey! I'm Collin I'm new to the metal detecting world. Me and my buddy Riley are Revolutionary War nerds so we went to NJ/PA for Spring Break, rented a metal detector and were hooked. We didn't find anything great but some cool stuff I'll later post. We bought a Garrett Ace 250 with a DD coil for $190. We live in Michigan the Livonia/Westland/Garden City Area and are always down for another pair or someone to detect with us, especially someone who knows what they are doing. I have a few places in mind as well. As for any tips any of you guys have please send them my way I know the basics so just anything based off your personal experience.

A few questions I have.
Are weak signals worth detecting?
Do different objects have certain beeping patterns?
Is the Garrett Ace 250 a good starters detector?
Any recommended tools or accessories?
Do they make a shovel that beeps when you scoop the metal?

Thanks, Collin.

Well Colin I wish you welcome from north of you in the Grayling area. You'll find this forum a lot of both fun, and full of information. Look forward to seeing what you find. GL&HH

Welcome from Kansas and Antiques Detectors. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!
To answer your question on weak signals : Generally speaking weak signals are 'deeper" targets and are FOR SURE worth digging. (deeper the object, the older it could be)
The Ace250 is a competent machine and I like your idea on the digger having a built in pinpointer, lol, however to my knowledge nobody has developed that. lol.
If you DO NOT have a pinpointer GET ONE. Makes all the difference in the world finding targets in the hole.

Welcome from Kansas and Antiques Detectors. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!
To answer your question on weak signals : Generally speaking weak signals are 'deeper" targets and are FOR SURE worth digging. (deeper the object, the older it could be)
The Ace250 is a competent machine and I like your idea on the digger having a built in pinpointer, lol, however to my knowledge nobody has developed that. lol.
If you DO NOT have a pinpointer GET ONE. Makes all the difference in the world finding targets in the hole.

Thank you! And yes it surprises me nobody has created that yet haha. I'll buy a pinpointed this weekend. 👍🏻

Well Colin I wish you welcome from north of you in the Grayling area. You'll find this forum a lot of both fun, and full of information. Look forward to seeing what you find. GL&HH

Thanks a lot! Hope you're enjoying the cold weather haha.

Welcome to the forum and the hobby! Sounds like you're off to a great start! :thumbsup: While I haven't personally owned an Ace 250, I am a fan of Garrett detectors, and have heard that this is a great starter machine.

As for tips... practice detecting in your own yard, if possible. This will help you become acquainted with your detector, as well as give you practice in digging and filling nice, neat plugs (holes).

A good accessory to have on hand is a finds pouch.

P.S. I love your pinpointing-shovel idea! You should market that! :lol:

Welcome to the forum and the hobby! Sounds like you're off to a great start! :thumbsup: While I haven't personally owned an Ace 250, I am a fan of Garrett detectors, and have heard that this is a great starter machine.

As for tips... practice detecting in your own yard, if possible. This will help you become acquainted with your detector, as well as give you practice in digging and filling nice, neat plugs (holes).

A good accessory to have on hand is a finds pouch.

P.S. I love your pinpointing-shovel idea! You should market that! :lol:
Thanks for the response I appreciate it! And maybe I should delete this post before someone takes my idea! Haha.

Back
Top Bottom