Buy your Own Hunting Grounds

Dang that’s cool! I bet Tom’s been there already though and nabbed all the gold coins and reales. We should do a forum group buy on this :lol: we could rent it out to others and to Hollywood as a set, make our money back and then some ;)

Dang that’s cool! I bet Tom’s been there already though and nabbed all the gold coins and reales. We should do a forum group buy on this :lol: we could rent it out to others and to Hollywood as a set, make our money back and then some ;)

haha, not been to that one yet. I had to chuckle about the ad, where it alluded to no one's ever dug or detected there. How do they know ? If you do a youtube search, you'll see various lookie-lous (4wd enthusiasts, over-night campers there, etc...) have been there. Who's to say someone hasn't detected it ? If the current owner says that, it could simply be that they don't know. Eg.: someone else on site said "go ahead". Or a prior owner. Or someone who just helped themselves (apparently you can drive right up to it).

Besides, I much prefer sites that ceased all human influence after about 1900 or 1920s at the latest. Once you enter into the auto and electrical age, it introduces lots more of the "throwaway generation" junkage. And as you can see from the youtube videos of the spot, there's ample modern influence there. Yuck yuck. Guess I'm too spoiled :)

Dang that’s cool! I bet Tom’s been there already though and nabbed all the gold coins and reales. ;)

:laughing: Thats the first thing I thought when I read this article yesterday on the News Feeds! I bet he didnt even ask anybody and just went in at night and royally ransacked the place!! "So Peaceful, so Serene"...:laughing:

I like the reference to protected "from diggers, artifact looters and Mother Nature herself,"

Darn, You beat me to it Scuba! I just saw this. Looks like a cool place and if I had extra money I might be interested. Seems like a decent price for all that land and having your own ghost town to explore. How about buying it and building a wild west themed water park? Then you could do all your detecting in one location? :lol: :yes:

Last edited:
Darn, You beat me to it Scuba! I just saw this. Looks like a cool place and if I had extra money I might be interested. Seems like a decent price for all that land and having your own ghost town to explore. How about buying it and building a wild west themed water park? Then you could do all your detecting in one location? :lol: :yes:

Me buy it?

My credit is so bad, stores refuse my cash.

I already have a theme park. Just go to Gary's page in family friendly topics and you can see my rides and the money I am raking in!

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=258582&page=40

Me buy it?

My credit is so bad, stores refuse my cash.

I already have a theme park. Just go to Gary's page in family friendly topics and you can see my rides and the money I am raking in!

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=258582&page=40

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

There are many more pics of "ScubaLand" on that thread (among other edits) but here is just one sample from that thread -
scubalandcoinfountain2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom