New One

bbrowncods

Wassss Uppp! I just joined. I am the typical 40 something guy who has grabbed a MD several times in my life and gone out to the back yard only to be disappointed and discouraged at finding trash. However, I am the type that researches the crap out of something and I am incouraged at what is available now.
The other day a friend came in and showed me what he had found at the beach searching in the surf, a gold ring and a necklace. That is enough to incourage anyone!
After I read a bunch of threads I'll be asking some questions on buying a good MD.

Thanks!!

Welcome!
waytogo.gif

Great to have you here!

Wassss Uppp! I just joined. I am the typical 40 something guy who has grabbed a MD several times in my life and gone out to the back yard only to be disappointed and discouraged at finding trash. However, I am the type that researches the crap out something and I am incouraged at what is available now.
The other day a friend came in and showed me what he had found at the beach searching in the surf, a gold ring and a necklace. that is enough to incourage anyone.
After I read a bunch of threads I'll be asking some questions on buying a good MD.

Thanks!!

Welcome to the forum.. I'm sure your friend had to dig alot of trash before finding the good stuff... trash is part of the hobby...

He has a Minelab Excalibur. I am more interested in Coins and on land type of hunting. Although, it would be nice to be able to go to the beach and search near the water too. Have I just talked my self into two detectors??

You gotta kiss a lot of frogs...

Welcome to the forum.. I'm sure your friend had to dig alot of trash before finding the good stuff... trash is part of the hobby...

My wife says "You gotta kiss a lot of frogs to find your prince". Same is true in MDing...you gotta dig a lot of pull tabs to find ANYTHING.

Welcome aboard.

He has a Minelab Excalibur. I am more interested in Coins and on land type of hunting. Although, it would be nice to be able to go to the beach and search near the water too. Have I just talked my self into two detectors??

Actually, the Excal can be used on land too - it's a VLF detector so it does have discrimination. If you do a search on Night Hawks posts, you will see that he has had a lot of luck using it on land as well as in the surf.

Oh. Welcome to the forum. Where do you live?

I agree with you Rich, the Excal can be used on land too.

I don't own one. But the performance and versatility is almost
unmatched, depending on your preferences.

I am a 59 year old single parant on dissability, my 94 year old
Mom lives here, no charge. Don't ask me how I do it?????

I had to find enough to pay for mine. I have spent $1,200 on
my detectors. Starting July of 2007. I have 4, did have more.

In May 2008, I got a check from the refinery for $1,290 for most
of the gold I found. Around 90 grams, mostly 14k.

I found hundreds of dollars worth of clad, I have diamonds and
other gem stones. I have a big pile of silver I have things of
great personal value. Things that can not be bought or sold.

My most productive machine cost me $70 and weighs in at 2 lb.

Go figure????;)

Happy Hunting,

Back
Top Bottom