Hi...From Pennsylvania. New DFX

chase2b

Hello to all. I just got back into MD'ing from 25 years ago. Bought a Prizm IV just 30 days ago and am upgrading already to a DFX300. Can't say enough about the Prizm's pinpointing and depth display...very accurate.
I really didn't want to upgrade for about a year but am really enjoying this and my record has shown that when I wait too long to get something, it's more of a problem later.
The Prizm is a great machine but I wanted something more advanced. I had researched a lot about which first machine to get and was afraid the DFX was too advanced for me. Turns out the Prizm was veryyyy easy to start with and really should have bought the DFX right off the bat.
Anyway, if I can't sell the Prizm I will hold onto it as a backup or if someone wants to try it.
Am looking forward to the DFX and very anxious to go over spots I already hit with the Prizm. That will be the real justification on getting the DFX...finding stuff the Prizm missed.

Welcome to the forum! Bet that Prizm was a lot easier to use than your old machine. Hope you have a lot of fun with the DFX.

interesting

:shock: good information to know. I'm planning on a update, and was thinking bout getting a PrizmIV or PrizmV.
Looks like I should just save a few more $$$$ and get a DFX.
Of course...depending on how much you want for the PrizmIV!!! :roll:
:D
BTW.. Welcome to the forum!
Dusty Eagle

Welcome to the family. Hope you have a happy Fourth of July. Sometimes it just pays to jump in and get the best you can afford the first time. Sorry you ran into the problem using the classified ads. It is to protect us from people joining, just to sell their detector before anyone knows who they are. Good luck with the DFX. There are a lot of members using that detector. Looking forward to seeing posts of your finds.:yes:

:shock: good information to know. I'm planning on a update, and was thinking bout getting a PrizmIV or PrizmV.
Looks like I should just save a few more $$$$ and get a DFX.
Of course...depending on how much you want for the PrizmIV!!! :roll:
:D
BTW.. Welcome to the forum!
Dusty Eagle

Selling for $315.00 including shipping

Welcome.. and although the DFX can be successfully used out of the box... the real rewards come later when you can tune it for your particular applications. It does take time.. suggest you get the book 'Digging Deeper with the DFX' by Jeff Foster... it is an outstanding study and applications treatise. Good Luck.. RickO

The DFX is an awesome machine and probably the most versatile of all detectors... it can be programmed for almost any condition and can be used straight out of the box with preloaded programs that work great. I was intimidated by the DFX also, but after a couple of weeks of using it and looking for some basic adjustments online for it, you will begin to tweek it like a pro. You will notice a signifigant difference from the prism I'm sure! Good luck and don't be afraid to message any of the DFXers in here for some help... you will need some of that too...lol

That's kinda like my story. Researched my "first MD" and bought a Prizim III...works GREAT! However, after a little nudge from my wife, I bought the MXT about 30 days later...LOVE IT!!!!

My wife is kicking my butt using the Prizim though.

Back
Top Bottom