Headphones not working in my Garrett

SGWiley

Hey folks,

I had to buy a 1/4 inch adapter so I could use my existing Sennheiser headphones in my MD. But when I hooked it up i could only hear the tones VERY faintly.

Will it not work with the 1/8 to 1/4 adapter?:?:

I've used the 1/8 adapter for my small ear-buds along with the atpro adapter with no problems, Sounds like your getting a bad connection somewhere, is there a volume control on your Sennheiser headphones..

I've used the 1/8 adapter for my small ear-buds along with the atpro adapter with no problems, Sounds like your getting a bad connection somewhere, is there a volume control on your Sennheiser headphones..

Nope, no volume control. I tried it with my earbuds too....nogo. I think the adapter might be the issue. I'll exchange it for a new one

make sure its a good quality 1/4" adaptor, i use a solid gold plated looking adaptor, not one that has a plastic sleeve on it. also make sure the adaptor is "stereo" and not a mono jack

make sure its a good quality 1/4" adaptor, i use a solid gold plated looking adaptor, not one that has a plastic sleeve on it. also make sure the adaptor is "stereo" and not a mono jack

What makes me mad is that the headphones CAME with an adapter (gold stereo), and i think its here somewhere, but i haven't needed it until now...5 years later.....sheesh. :mad:

yea thats usually what happens......i'm sure you'll find it after ya buy a new one:lol:

Your adapter or headphones might not be correct. Most headphones for detecting have a switch to make them compatible with a certain manufacturer. If the switch is in the wrong position you will hear very faint tones.

If your headphones are stereo only (no compatibility switch), you need the correct adapter as your Garrett detector is mono (so mono male to stereo female).

Some adapters are faulty or just cheap.I had one that plugged to far into the hole,and caused static.The best ones i found are the all metal.No plastic coating.

Auvio 33-283s

I have the Auvio 33-283s I bought last month at RS for $29.98! Two days ago the transmitter stopped powering up. When I put it onto the charger the charger don't flash like it always has! But the charger still flashes when I charged the headset? If anyone has a good transmitter but a bad headset, PM me if you want to sell it fairly cheap. Otherwise I will return them to RS and get the TDKs!!! Good Luck and Happy Hunting..... :biker: :signals: :digginahole: :biker:

yea thats usually what happens......i'm sure you'll find it after ya buy a new one:lol:

Don't you mean after you buy TWO. Radio Shack always have packages of two. You use one, and a year later you look for the other and can't find it, so you go back and buy two more...:lol: and the beat goes on

Hey folks,

I had to buy a 1/4 inch adapter so I could use my existing Sennheiser headphones in my MD. But when I hooked it up i could only hear the tones VERY faintly.

Will it not work with the 1/8 to 1/4 adapter?:?:

which sennies do you own? i have a set from 1990, HD 650 II.

they have very low sound when using anything that uses a battery, but with anything else they sound like sennies!

im pretty sure its the ohm rating, mine are 300 i think?

do you have an AT Pro?

I recently learned that an in line volume is needed with the AT Pro???? Someone will know better... Good Luck and Happy Hunting..... :biker: :signals: :digginahole: :biker:

I recently learned that an in line volume is needed with the AT Pro???? Someone will know better... Good Luck and Happy Hunting..... :biker: :signals: :digginahole: :biker:

yea if your running the AT wireless you will need the inline volume control, without the volume control you'll still get sound from the speaker

Back
Top Bottom