Nox headphones

dirt dick

Elite Member
:mad:
So for the second time my on/off button is stuck :mad:
as I got done detecting tonight I couldn't shut them off,
so now what's my option as the weekend approaches ?
keeping them on the charger all day?
I know the turn around time is fairly quick sending them in to ML
but the start of Oct is prime hunting time, and nobody likes downtime. :mad:

The ML80 phones don't auto power down?

Honestly, if it was me, I'd consider getting a pair of Trond LL headphones, and still send in the Minelab factory phones for repair. Amazon delivers in 1-2 days. They run $59.95 but can be found on sale sometimes. The Tronds have better sound IMO anyway. It never hurts to have a backup. I own both sets btw.

Have you thought about taking them apart and seeing why they wont power off? Is the button broken or just packed with dirt? Mine got so filthy that the tiny gap around the power button got jammed with dirt and had to clean it out before they would turn on/off again.

sure they will, but I wont be able to turn them back on.

Have you tried? I turned my ML80 phones just now and will test the batt lifespan with only those 4 blue led lights flashing, polling for a receiver. It'll be interesting to find the runtime, and if they will connect to my Nox in the morning without a needed button press. When you say your button is stuck, does the power button. not have any spring action at all? Were both "stuck buttons" on the same unit?

You could always run with no phones in an emergency

Mine gets stuck once in awhile, both on and/or off.
I found it I plug them into a charger they work again.
I test them before I go hunting, or, I use the WM08 module and a decent pair of cheaper phones.
Then I got tired of it so I got these...
Aukey B80 buds, $25.
Work better, sound better.

Last edited:
OOPS! My test plan was useless since my ML80s naturally timed out within 20 or so minutes, as good ones do. Digger's post makes good sense. I forgot about the WM08 module. I wondered if ML packaged those flimsy but useful wired HPs in the 800 package. I hate'em but could muster if waiting on ML's repair and return time.

If you still have the WM08 module it works and sounds way better than the ML08s. You can plug any wired 1/8" straight plug headphones or earbuds into the WM08, clip it to your front pocket and have a great backup. Even a cheap set of Dollar store headphones will sound fine.

Back
Top Bottom