chrome...

zander10

Elite Member
hi,

have you tried the new google web browser yet. i am using it right now and i love it. it is ALOT faster then explorer. plus explorer was starting to hang up on me some.:mad:

of course there is the learning curve for a new piece of software but if you are not frightened of that then you should check it out...

http://www.google.com/chrome:yes:

Hmm, I might have to check that out. I've used IE, Firefox and Opera. Firefox and Opera both have some innovative features, but Opera has some issues, and Firefox is just getting way too bloated.

Chrome is cool sure, but it's not the best. I played with it for a bit, and yeah the most visited sites thing is neat, and sure the pulling tabs to new windows is neat (too bad you cant do the reverse) but other than that, it's nothing.

IE8 is wayyyy better. All the major browsers all pretty much are the same these days as far as features, and though I love Firefox and it's add-ons, it's a system hog. Chrome... sadly is a system hog.

IE8, operates and leaves your system resources alone, and it's nice that way.

I confirmed all of this after reading this GREAT review of them all here, CHECK IT OUT.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

IE8 works great for me. Besides, Bill Gates is one of my heroes (Vista excepted).

Chrome is cool sure, but it's not the best. I played with it for a bit, and yeah the most visited sites thing is neat, and sure the pulling tabs to new windows is neat (too bad you cant do the reverse) but other than that, it's nothing.

IE8 is wayyyy better. All the major browsers all pretty much are the same these days as far as features, and though I love Firefox and it's add-ons, it's a system hog. Chrome... sadly is a system hog.

IE8, operates and leaves your system resources alone, and it's nice that way.

I confirmed all of this after reading this GREAT review of them all here, CHECK IT OUT.

interesting that with ie8 there is latency but no cycles demanded from the cpu. where do the cycles that load everything for ie8 come from in that 13 seconds that it takes to display some pages?

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

IE8 works great for me. Besides, Bill Gates is one of my heroes (Vista excepted).

i agree with your quote.

people seem to be very opinionated about software. if it works for you then you should use it.

"there is no silver bullet." -fred brooks:yes:

Chrome is going to be one of the topics on Science Friday on Talk of the Nation, which is coming up right now(2:00pm CDT) on NPR.

Back
Top Bottom